It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:09 am

Free Newsletter

Rochelle and new

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Rochelle and new

Postby wantanewme » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:47 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Rochelle and I'm 27, married to Matt 31. We from Perth, WA.

Here my story:
Well basically I have always had problems with my weight. In the last few years I have been slowly gaining weight and I also just been diagnosed with POCS. I weigh now 115kg and I'm only 5ft 11. I hate myself so badly. I tend to don't know what foods to eat and such stuff like that. I also suffer from pretty bad depression. I don't have much energy to do most things. I want to feel good for my one year anniversary coming up in March 11th next year. I want to look my best. So that my goals. I can't wait to get started.

So the saying goes: BRING IT ON! :D

Postby Dolly » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:08 am

Hi Rochelle, welcome to the forum.

Iodine found in kelp (bought at a health food store) can help switch the metabolism on to burn calories faster.
Here are some good fat burning foods, you might want to add some of them into your diet - click here
Last edited by Dolly on Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Mandie » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:09 am

Hey Rochelle,

Welcome to the forum! Good luck on your weight loss journey.

Try checking out the home page ( for some great diet tips.

Could I also recommend that you maybe see a dietician (I can put you onto some good ones in Perth if you want, pm me) for one visit so they can give you some great personalised information on nutrition and healthy eating, it can be really daunting when you first start off! So many "diet" or "lite" options out there aren't actually that healthy, so I found it really useful to get some professional advice.

And don't forget - keep moving! Exercise is really important.. even if you start off with only small amounts of walking, keep stepping it up until you feel more fit. It's hard to start off, but I promise you will eventually get hooked on the endorphin release of a hard workout!

Okay, Good luck, jump in anywhere and have a chat with us, we won't bite :)

P.S. LOVE the ticker!

Postby Ally » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:12 am

Hi Rochelle and welcome to the forum, you will find lots of helpful advice both here on the forum and on the homepage. There are lots of challenges and diaries to keep you motivated too.

One of the most important keys to weight loss is attitude. You need to believe in yourself and know that you can do this.

The most important thing is to learn to love yourself, this is a major hurdle to overcome when you spend years hating yourself (as I did). But you need to look at yourself as not what you look lilke, but who you are. Ask yourself the question, "do I really hate myself, or just the way I look?" There is a big difference in the two.

Find out what weight you would like to be and set yourself some goals along the way. A lot of us here have mini goals and goals to buy ourselves special rewards (like a cd or jewellery etc) to help the motivation factor.

If you have no particular program in mind I would agree with Mandie and go and see a dietician to get you started. It needn't be expensive as Public Hospitals offer this service for free. Exercise is also an important part of any weight loss program. Start off slowly and at your pace and build it up at your own speed.

Feel free to ask advice on the forum and don't hold back in joining the challenges and weigh in's!!

You CAN do this mate, you can. By your first anniversary you are going to look gorgeous! :D

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:41 am

Hi rochelle

seems as though everyone has given you some wonderful advice already! i also have pcos, i have been diagnosed for nearly 2 years. but to overcome it you need to get healthier. try walking- it can help wake you up as well! i started out slow and then went on longer more brisk walks. also just make some healthy decisions. i cut out all soft drink and junk food and have the occasional treat. try smaller portions etc. there are lots of dieas floating around the forum and the main site so feel free to have a browse and add to any forum topics :)

looking forward to seeing you progress!!

Postby KimE » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:54 am

Hello Rochelle and welcome to the forum.

You will find plenty of motivation and support here as well as great advice. There are challenges and diaries if you feel comfortable to join in.

All the very best on your weight loss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Hi Rochelle

Postby kelstar » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:39 am

I am new aswell, March is far enough away that you can accomplish a lot in that time, although the girls are right you need to set small goals, be they weight or fitness orientated. Personally I try and take the focus of food and put it on exercise, that way you're not always thinking about that slice of mud cake at the cafe. If you start with small excerise goals such as walking around the block and increase it every week who knows what you'll be doing by March.
Attitude is Everything

Postby wantanewme » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:01 am

Thanks guys for the wonderful replies, I taking some in and got some of the tips on paper. Weekends are my worse since hubby loves to go out to have few drinks and out for dinner. I love setting myself mini goals and rewarding myself for reaching them. :lol:

Postby Fairie » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:23 pm

Hi Rochelle,

Welcome to the forum, there are so many wonderful people here to help you. :D

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:31 pm

Hi Rochelle, welcome to the forum!!
Everyone's given you pretty good advice, so all I can say is I hope you find lots of advice, help, support and good tools to help you on the forum!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Return to Introductions