It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:54 am

Free Newsletter

On the way down finally

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

On the way down finally

Postby LisaJustdoit » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:49 pm

Hi Im new to this forum but its been really helpful reading all the posts and comments, I want to lose about 30 kilo and in a week Ive lost 1.9ks so Im pretty happy , I have a bung knee so I was surprised to lose anything ,but the excercise bike actually helped, I even rode and read today . I need some mental resolve to kick the iced coffees out but I think that as I only drink them at work as Im on holidays atm Im not even missing them(havent had one for 8 days) so I know i dont really need them even when I think I do :) Anyway thanks for letting me ramble and keep posting the great comments and ideas they are all a big help.

Re: On the way down finally

Postby Eddie » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:14 am

Welcome, Lisa. Glad you're enjoying the forum and you're making good progress. Let us know how you continue.

Re: On the way down finally

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:30 pm

Hi Lisa! Congrats on the loss so far!
Exercise bikes are actually quite good for knee injuries sometimes because they build up the muscles surrounding the joint to give it a bit more support. But I'm a bike nut so I'm a bit biased :wink:

Swimming is also good because it's non load bearing. There I am not biased - I'm not a swimmer :lol:

30kg may seem impossible, but it's definitely doable! Keep at it!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Return to Introductions