It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:54 pm

Free Newsletter

I don't want to be here.

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

I don't want to be here.

Postby kelvinator » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:43 pm

I don't want to be here.
Some of you may remember me from last year. Some may not. I fell of the bandwagon well and good and here it is 2010, October 2010. 12 weeks till Christmas. 8 weeks until the end of the school year. 8 weeks until the beach is all mine, anytime I want it.

I've climbed the first step and logged on in here. I have tried to keep blogs but it just doesn't work for me. It upsets me that I am back to/if not behind the first step I took last year. It makes me really quite mad and cross at myself although I know that self-loathing isn't going to help.

What will help is logging in regularly, starting up a progress thread and getting on with it.
I wanted to join the forum wide 12 week challenge but can't seem to find the thread to sign up and then the thread to weigh in each week, if someone can post me the link I would be most appreciative.

Why oh why am I here... again?? The key factor that I can see after a quick scan of my posts was that I wasn't really[i][/i] excercising when I was losing weight, I was just counting calories. That has to change this time around... hopefully I can get results faster this way too.. No one wants to look puffy on Christmas day!

Love to all, hope to read and catch up on your stories over the next few days.
Kelvi
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woAh7b6/]
[/url]
kelvinator

Re: I don't want to be here.

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:05 am

Welcome back, Kelvi! I hope you find the motivation and support you need this time around.

I think this is the latest 12 week challenge at the forum. Good luck!

Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:40 am

Oops, there are a few other new challenges it seems.

October's Challenge
Want to start a new challenge!

Take your pick! :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:15 pm

Hey there! Welcome back!? That's not quite right, but you know what I mean. :D

Ok so, let's take a quick trip down behaviour change lane.... in a nutshell, this is the process we go through when we change a behaviour in our lives. This goes for everything from lifestyle changes to lose weight all the way through to giving up heroin. True thing.

Step 1 - Everything's peachy, no problem here - you can't see a problem so you keep doing what you've always done and anyone who says anything is just picking on you.

Step 2 - Maybe there's a bit of a problem, but I'm ok - There's some things telling you that something's not right here, but right now you're not wanting to do anything about it.

Step 3 - Ok, I have a problem I need to change - You've recognised a problem, now you start thinking about what you might do to change it.

Step 4 - This is what I'll do - you've made a plan and set it in place

Up till now you're pretty good, you're on the road to success THEN

Step 5 - lapse/relapse - Ooops!!! Fell off the wagon! From here people do one of 2 things. Give up and go back to step 1 or 2 (a relapse). OR Jump straight back to around step 4 and account for the new info they learned from the slip up (lapse).

The key thing to know is that lapses are part of the process. Most if not all people have them, and a majority of people will have a relapse at some point. You've had a bit of a relapse and lost a bit of ground, cool, you're still on that cycle and you've got a FANTASTIC opportunity to find out what to avoid this time. Just keep plugging at it, figure out what went wrong and implement something for this time around. If you make the most out of that relapse, it might be the only serious one you have! Maybe something to include next time is some kind of alarm, an indicator that will tell you as early as possible that you've fallen off so that you can get back on track.

As for exercise - yep, current best practice guidelines say that diet is the key to losing the weight and exercise is the key to long term maintenance of the weight lost.

I know you're a bit shitty at yourself right now, but from one relapsee to anther, you'll get there. :wink:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kelvinator » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:22 pm

THANK YOU!

That was just what I needed to hear. Thanks for taking the time to write such a great post, you are obviously a very generous person, much appreciated.

The only way is up!
[/url]
kelvinator

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:54 pm

kelvinator wrote:The only way is up!

Ha! Or down! As in, weight... you know, going down... :wink:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kelvinator » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:47 pm

Yes! I hope 'down, down, weight going down'

I have started a thread called Kelvi's Thread in the progress section...
[/url]
kelvinator

Return to Introductions