It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:11 am

Free Newsletter

Hi :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi :)

Postby ChanelleJade » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:55 pm

Hello everyone!

Just joined the forum and i thought id post an intro!

Recently my weight has become quite a problem for me. Two weeks ago at a doctors visit i weighed in at spot on 100kgs :oops:
and i need to do something about it. Im only 20 and im rather worried about my eating habits and lifestyle choices.
The last two weeks ive had a long hard look at what im doing to myself and i think my main problem is my diet and lack
of exercise. I tend to skip breakfast because i work early mornings... wait for it... the worst thing is that i am a baker
so by the time i feel hungry i am surrounded by all this food and make bad choices.

My goal is to be back to my 82kgs that i was before i began my job. I am going to stop skipping breakfast, make the right
eating choices and exercise 3-4times a week. I am determined but i know i lack motivation because of the hours i work which
exhaust me, but its time to stop with the excuses and DO THIS FOR ME!! :D

If anyone has any pointers or tips i would definitely love to here from you =)

Re: Hi :)

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:09 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum!
Yeah, bakers do get it tough, however, the earlier you eat, the quicker your metabolism gets going. So get some breakky in to you and get your hands off the cream buns!

If you really can't eat at that time of the morning, take something healthy with you.

Maybe chew gum while you're working so you can't eat the produce.

The good thing is bakers tend to do a lot of physically demanding work, so if you cut the eating, you might find it starts falling off.

Good luck!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Re: Hi :)

Postby dustany1dust » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:52 pm

Hey - I am new too.

I understand how hard shift work is...although my DP has the opposite problem because of his metabolism he cant gain weight but the biggest problem is his hours and getting weight gaining food in to him

It is exactly the same trying to eat healthy when you are a shift worker.

Good luck and I will look forward to reading about your progress.

No great tips you seem to have the right idea but planning is key and maybe work out your sleep routine and make sure you are eating when yor should be and sleeping when you should be.
SW: 87.7 kg
CW: 67.3 Kg
GW: 60.0 kg

Return to Introductions