It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:17 pm

Free Newsletter

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby minny » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:53 pm

Hello everyone,
Found this site by doing a few searchs on the net for a weight loss program that had some form of food diary.
I was going to WWs but found that it was becomming expensive to just get weighed evry week and listen to the leader talk,so decided I was better spending my money Curves been going for 6 weeks now but still struggling with my weight,I know what the problem is its what I'm putting in my mouth,no excuse I know.
So I hope to get some inspiration from other members here tips etc
I would love to get down to at least 65 kilos Im now 78 kilos.
Take care

Re: Hello

Postby dustany1dust » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:55 pm

Welcome, I am new here :D

I was on WW and joined when I was about 86 Kg - I managed to get down to 75 Kg and then it all became too expensive as I was doing really well and had learnt enough to move forward.

I hope you can manage to find something that works for you with meals...its a touhg one. Good luck.
SW: 87.7 kg
CW: 67.3 Kg
GW: 60.0 kg

Re: Hello

Postby CronicBadger » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:01 pm

A well-kept food diary doesn't lie or forget about what you've eaten. I've found it to be essential in my own weight-loss journey. By examining the records for a certain period of time (eg during a "plateau") you can work out not only the energy value of the food, but an approximation of nutrients, fat content, protein, etc. It's great for analysing why weight-loss stopped or reversed and then adjusting your diet accordingly.

Hmm, I was just about to write "Good Luck!" but caught myself in time. Weight-loss and good health has nothing to do with luck. it's all about knowledge and commitment and perseverance.

Persevere, Minny, and you'll get there! :-)

Return to Introductions