It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:27 pm

Free Newsletter

Newbie with alot of KG's to lose!! Argh!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Newbie with alot of KG's to lose!! Argh!

Postby nicegal » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:32 pm

Hi peeps!
Im in my early 30's and after using the BMI calculator i have discovered i am obese and i have a ridiculous amount of weight to lose! And its all true. After stopping smoking years ago and my 2nd child after that I have gained about 40kg..over the last 5 years.scarey huh? Anyone in the same boat..that needs to lose weight big time..like 40KGs!!! I cant belive how huge i am an the more i have tried to diet over these years, the more i packed on. Ive tried everything hunny... but had short term effect and if the weight wasn't moving off quick enough i'd chuck it in.

Anyway after this FLU gets off me im going to start dieting or whatever u want to call it next week. I'd love it if anyone can give me some advice.... and was wanting to know anyone have any CHEAP LOW FAT SNACKS ON-THE-RUN ideas? Easy to make or already made that u can just buy, store in the cupboard and eat when u want?? ANy snack ideas like brands of crackers, chips, alternatives to chocolate cravings?? I need all the advice i can get cause this time i dont want to fail. I am at the heaviest i have ever been and my health is paying for it so please help me :)

And im interested in any of your weightloss stories too.

Cheers
nicegal

Re: Newbie with alot of KG's to lose!! Argh!

Postby Gordz » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:38 pm

crackers and chips for snacks are not a good start!!!!!
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby nicegal » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:52 pm

No, no , no, no... im talkin about low calorie/low fat alternatives here... like there are so many crackers on the supermarket shelf ie. vita wheets, rivvita (however its spelt) and for chips- i dont normally eat chips/ crisps anyway but need to know stuff like is corn chips, rice crackers those sort of things.. what are the healthy ones?? Just like you'd replace white bread with some sort of grain bread.. what sort of crackers can u use to put something like cottage cheese on. Just looking for simple snack alternatives thats all.
nicegal

Postby Gordz » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:14 pm

ah! I'm a fan of vitaweet, especially when they were on special. They're dry though, so I put some 97% fat free ham and a small chunk of celery on them. 5 or 6 of them get me thru the arvo. Remember to lay out a number of crackers though, never bring the packet to your desk or whatever. Saves temptation.
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby Seadragon73 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:37 am

Hi nicegal

I'm a newbie, and have alot of weight to lose. I lost alot of weight years back by cutting down my portions and taking my dog for a walk as much as possible. It is certainly able to be done i got down from 90kg to 52kg. I have tried jenny etc but they don't work for me just good old dedication. Which is hard work but worth it. I am much heavier now, haven't weighed myself but i''m in size 26 say no more! For me my inspiration is that I'm so over the dirty looks, scared of not fitting in a chair and yet another summer is coming and I have let myself down for yet another year. Oh hey and let's not forget being in hospital and been mistaken for being pregnant OUCH :shock:
I have a little lady who looks up to me so much that I can't bear to let her down anymore. Anyway I have blabbered away enough I look forward to hearing from you. :)
Seadragon73

Postby nicegal » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:34 pm

Hi seadragon, and everyone,
sorry didn't get on here sooner.. ive been sick and waited till i was over it before starting my diet. Its Day 3 now, and im eating smaller portions, but still haven't selected the right foods. Had pizza tonight cause i was in a rush to get to a meeting, but only had one slice and a slice of garlic bread..normally 3 pieces of pizza would do me.
Haven;t had chance to exercise..too busy..got to work out how i'll slot that into my life. WOuld like to join a gym..got to get the momentum.
Well lets see..im 160cm tall and my start weight on Sunday was 108kg..so see how this week goes.
How are u going??
nicegal

Postby brendan » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:29 am

Hi Nicegal

Oh dear, you do have a few changes to make :(

Do you have a photo of yourself at the weight you'd like to be? Put a copy in your purse (you'll see it when you go to pay for the pizza or other naughty food) and a copy on the fridge for when you head for the celery and carrot sticks. Keep your eye on the ball (the body you are going to have in 12 months) and it will make it easier to avoid the instant gratification of putting calorie laden temptations into your system.

Be strong!
Brendan
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby nicegal » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:15 pm

I know..it wasn't that i was craving it though, was just trying to get something quick for me and the kids to eat so i could make it on time to our work meeting... it was more of a 'panic' meal where i had to think of something fast that could be done in 20 minutes.

its chocolate im sort of worried about. im such a chocoholic... haven't touched any though since i started.
nicegal

Postby nicegal » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:22 pm

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgDJTrw/]
[/url]
nicegal

Postby dearne » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:48 pm

i get that problem lots of having to have a quick meal, at least you cut down your portion size which is good. ive been looking for the quick meal thing because im always out so late at night, and at the moment i think i have a small victory with a wholemeal salad roll from subway or sushi, dont know how good they are but their better than fried things i guess.

if you find something good to eat for a quick meal please post it on here, i know im probably not the only one who could use the tip
Dearne
dearne

Postby nicegal » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:54 am

Yeah it would be good to know what is an easy healthy grab when you're stuck in that sitution. Subway's the other side of town so it's not so convienient for us when we need to get something fast.
Well weighed myself today..down a kilo...could have been better if i had better choices through the week. Overall i have been 'good' sticking to a diet..just that one stuff up really. And that is without added exercise which i haven't put into my busy schedule yet!!
nicegal

Postby dearne » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:21 pm

1kg is still a loss so good on you! be proud of yourself, i know i like seeing that somebody has lost!
Dearne
dearne

Return to Introductions