It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:30 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi - i have hit a standstill

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi - i have hit a standstill

Postby bjam » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:50 pm

I am really enjoying reading all the advice and success stories in progress on this forum and am looking forward to meeting you all as I continue to post!
Just quickly, over the past 3 years I have lost 28kg in chunks with lifestyle changes etc - I will lose some, stay the same for a bit, put back 1-2kg, lose more again... overall I am really happy with this relatively steady decline. My issue is that lately I have hit a bit of a standstill where I am finding it really easy to stay at a fairly constant weight (sort of hovering at this weight for a month or more after losing 6kg mid year and before that hovering at the same for a good 6months), but to lose it seems much harder! So that is why I am here - I thought perhaps this would be a good place to come for diet advice and for a little extra motivation to stay on track and not just go into another one of my lazy periods.
As of this morning I weigh 76kg (BMI is 29.3), 3 years ago I dreamed of being 65kg... short term I would be so excited to get to 70 or below! Long term im not sure why I shouldnt now aim for 60?? I feel as though it is not such an impossible dream these days, and that makes me so happy!

Re: Hi - i have hit a standstill

Postby Eddie » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:29 pm

Hi bjam You have usually had good results in losing weight so you're obviously doing something - well, lots of things - right. Perservere and the losses will come. Good luck

Return to Introductions