It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:24 pm

Free Newsletter

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Simmo » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:40 pm

Heya all.

I'm 18 years old and feel a bit overwight. While I can get away with looking thin in most clothes because I am tall, my stomach, chest and lower back are all a bit flabby, and I'd really like to burn it off/get some muscle.

I'm 6'3" tall and weigh 78 kilos. While my BMI is aparently fine, I don't feel healthy. I know I don't have to lose too much...I am just lazy and lack motivation to get rid of my flab. So yeah, not sure how often I will be on here but it will be good to have a place to get advice/inspiration and to make sure I don't give up. Thanks guys :D

*Will work out my goal weight etc soon...

Re: Greetings

Postby Eddie » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:49 pm

Welcome, Simmo and Good luck with it. As you say, you haven't far to go so let us know how you progress.

Re: Greetings

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:17 pm

Hi Simmo, welcome to the forum! Eating and exercising healthily isn't just for people with 15, 20, 50, 100kg's to lose. Some people seem to get away with being 'lazy' as you put it but with minimal visible consequences. There's always a consequence though. Bad living leads to bad health, even if it's not in the flabby form. Sooooooo....

for taking a step in the healthy direction. Pop in some exercise to your day and get rid of some of the more damaging habits and you'll get there no problemo!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Return to Introductions