It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:58 am

Free Newsletter

Hello from a Kiwi :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello from a Kiwi :)

Postby Masquerade » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:15 pm

Hi everyone

I'm 28yrs old, a stay-at-home mum to a toddler and have just started a healthier new lifestyle approx 6 weeks ago. I used to eat junk food for pretty much every meal and not small portions either! Running around after my daughter is hard but I wasn't making any effort to exercise and as a result, I wound up weighing 97kgs. I never used to weigh myself and then one day I decided to and I got a bit of a shock. I realised that it was entirely possible I could wind up tipping the scales at 100kgs and this could only be a few cheeseburgers away. The thought was just scary, especially considering I'm only 161cms tall and only a few years ago I weighed 50kgs!

So I decided to kick my own butt.

I cut out all junk food - no more chocolate, chips, cookies, ice cream, pizza, hot chips, white bread, etc. My diet now mainly consists of protein drinks/shakes, fruit, vegies, salads, fish, chicken, lean red meat, nuts, yoghurt, cheese, bread (but I only really eat 1-2 slices per day), pasta and rice.

I bought an exercise bike and began doing 30 minutes of moderate to hard spinning every morning. Just this past week I've upped my exercise regime by doing 40 minutes on the bike in the morning and then in the afternoon doing a 3.4km ride on my mountain bike.

When I first began this whole new lifestyle, it was the 10th of September and I weighed 97kgs. I've lost 12kgs so far and now weigh 85kgs. My goal weight is 65kgs but anything below 70kgs would be awesome. That means I have 20kgs to lose (at least) and I'm pretty sure I can obtain this goal by March 2011.

Aside from exercising, I spend most of my time taking my daughter to Playcentre, reading, hanging out with my DH, writing, opshopping, watching DVD's (or the CI channel, LOVE Crime Investigation Australia!), and just generally blobbing out trying to steal a moment's rest!

I know. I talk too much :)
Masquerade

Re: Hello from a Kiwi :)

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:28 pm

Hi Masquerade and welcome to the forum! Congrats on your weightloss so far. Just think what an inspiration and good role model you are being to your your daughter. Keep it up! :D
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Introductions