It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:01 pm

Free Newsletter

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby ganymede » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:09 pm

I've been battling with my weight since I was a teenager and in 2006 I managed to be so amazingly motivated that I went from 101kg down to 74kg by eating a strict healthy diet and exercising between 5-7 days a week. Now I'm back up to around 90kg and hating it! I am so disappointed in myself for slipping so easily back into bad eating habits and I'm constantly thinking about food and it's always bad foods especially chocolate and ice cream or biscuits. I have tried to go back on my strict healthy diet again and rejoined the gym but I just don't seem to have the motivation I use to have. I want to lose weight, of course! But some of what motivated me last time was being single and just generally wanting to feel better about myself.

Now I'm in a long term relationship and the comfort that has come with that has made me begin to not care as much about my weight and the way I look. Which is crazy because I know I want to lose the weight for myself, my health and my partner but every time I start again and within a week I've failed. I find it hard to go a day without chocolate, a habit I definitely need to kick! I decided to join this forum to read about other people's experiences and try to get some insight and support from people who are going through the same problems that I am.

Eventually I would like to get down to between 60/65kg but I know it's not going to happen over night so I need to consider long term changes in diet that will work!

Hope to chat to you all soon! :)

Shell
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Re: New Member

Postby CronicBadger » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:15 pm

Hi Ganymede

A lot of us here seem to have a similar story to yours - long term overweight, yoyo-ing, love of chocolate :-), etc.

The weightloss.com.au website and its forum are quite good and has been very helpful. You'll find plenty of useful articles on the main website, and lots of interesting things here in the forum to keep you motivated (other people's stories, the Challenges, daily diaries, etc).

So, welcome, and don't give up, it will be worth the effort in the end (as you've discovered once already).
CronicBadger

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:33 pm

Hi Shell, welcome to the forum!

You just described me, but just slightly different numbers. Lapses and relapses are recognised as part of the behaviour change cycle. Try to see it as a learning tool and plan for it this time around. You can do it (again)!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby ganymede » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:58 am

Thank you both for your encouragement :) I haven't been on the forums in a couple of months but I've started again so hoping to be more active on here to motivate myself to keep going! :D
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Return to Introductions