It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:41 am

Free Newsletter

Want to turn my Keg into a 6-pack

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Want to turn my Keg into a 6-pack

Postby rekless » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:49 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Jason, I am 26 years old, 6-2 and weigh 105kg. I am about to become a father for the 2nd time on November 2nd. I currently go to the gym 3-4 times a week, I do 3 days of 45-60 minutes on a weight circuit with jogging in between each station, Then I do a Spin class for 40 minutes on a Saturday morning, or sometimes I will do 15 minutes on the rowing machine @25-30 strokes/p/m.

I am looking to lose my beer gut, I have cleaned up my diet, I eat 3-4 high protein low carb meals a day plus also have a protein shake in the morning plus also another after my workouts.

I am a bit lost on what my diet should be like for the muscle gain/weight loss. I am thinking of going to a dietician but thought I would ask here as well.

I look forward to becoming an active member on this forum.

Cheers guys.

Re: Want to turn my Keg into a 6-pack

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:35 pm

Hi Jason, welcome to the forum!
Sorry we didn't greet you earlier, looks like your entry got a bit swamped by a few other newbies! As for what to eat, there are a million different theories, but mostly it comes down to energy in being less than energy out. Do some cardio to lose the fat and some resistance training (such as sit ups for your abs) to build muscle. If you want to get those ripped abs you see in magazines, unfortunately that means you not only have to be super muscly but also have a super low body fat level too.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Return to Introductions