It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:50 am

Free Newsletter

Hello I've joinged and looking for support

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello I've joinged and looking for support

Postby lindtcrazy » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:50 am

Hi

i just joined and am looking to lose a few kgs. I found out after a minor surgery I am 68kg, nurse made me get on the scales.

I cringed, because I knew the winter fat had been laid and I dont weigh myself, because it has been obsessive for me in the past. I have lots of cellulite so that was a indicator I was overweight, when I'm down in my range the cellulite is lots less.

Since my fast for the minor surgery, I have been eating around 1200 to 1300cals per day and am at 66.5 kg is that not too fast weight to lose? One day I lose 300gm and the next 100.

I dont want to sabotage effort to lose weight too quickly if its going to come back just as fast, when I do maintenance. I'd like to get to around 62 kg.

I'm being realistic, being 60kg long term was too hard, like its not my true weight.

I dont know if my scales are dodgy but in 8 days I've gone from 68kg down to 66.5kg. I've never lost at that pace.
lindtcrazy

Re: Hello I've joinged and looking for support

Postby Carly :) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:03 am

Helloo :)
Wow seems like you did lose quite a bit in 8 days, however, some of it could have been fluid.
Was it the same scales that weighed differently per time?
And was it the morning in which you were weighed both times?
A few things could change this but the important thing is how you are feeling, do you feel
ok after the surgery? And are you eating healthy now? x
Carly :)

Postby lindtcrazy » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:51 am

Thanks Carly well the next day the scales read 300gm heavier, so there you go, obssesing over the scales is mad and not completely reliant.
I only had rubber band ligation for hemmarrhoids :oops: twilight sedation but the fasting and bowel prep was :shock:
I decided 68 kgs was not looking good. My scales show a tiny human at the bottom corner thats not exactly svelte, bit rotund :oops:

I have to eat healthy , I am hoping to achieve a better mind from this. I loathed myself when I let myself go. But now food has become my obsession and that is bothering too, time consuming to say the least.
The only thing I liked about eating whatever is the food obsession is non existant.

I watched masterchef last night and salivated a bucket over the iced granita and I'm starting to drool over recipes. I dont have time for this obsession :twisted:
lindtcrazy

Postby e&me » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:37 am

In the first week we do tend to lose more weight then we do in the following weeks, providing your eating healthy then it will come off in a healthy way, and as long as you address the reasons for why you gained in the first place then you will have more success at keeping it off long term.
1/01/2011 Start week
8/01/2011 Week 1
15/01/2011 Week 2
22/01/2011 Week 3
29/01/2011 Week 4
5/02/2011 Week 5
12/02/2011 Week 6
19/02/2011 Week 7
26/02/2011 Week 8
5/03/2011 Week 9
12/03/2011 Week 10
19/03/2011 Week 11
26/03/2011 Week 12
e&me

Postby Carly :) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:09 am

I am currently in your shoes Lindtcrazy :)
I went through an obsession of eating almost a whole tub of icecream after work each night as i feel night time
is when i crave food the most. This is day 4 of me eating well and it has been a struggle since day one but i find that when i plan my meals
and snacks, it is easier to maintain a healtjhy eating pattern! :)
I am now 63.5kg when i used to be 70kg at the start of the year.
I think if you eat a lot of low GI foods you will feel fuller longer and wont go to other foods. Although nothing beats
a piece of chocolate, (for me anyways) i know that being slim and healthy, in the long run will make me feel even better :)
Do you have a set eating plan? and exercise plan?

xx
Carly :)

Postby lindtcrazy » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:34 pm

Carly, when you say do I have a set eating plan and exercise, well, I asked the dr straigt after my colonoscopy if I could do a spin class the following monday, he said nothing for 2 weeks. He said you realise you will be sitting on a hard bike seat :oops: ouch.
I'm still not allowed to do any cardio or weights for another week. I think they are over concerned, there were no incisions.
As far as eating plan, just trying to stay with 1200 or 1300 cals, requires creativity. I look at trying to eat 3 meals with 3 snack divided into 1300 cals.
If I could only get excited and find that its not that choresome being creative. I have bookmarked with sticky notes all favourite recipes out of the heart foundation cookbook and the csiro diet book and of course recipes here. I have already had chicken salad with green leaves sweet potato and sweet chilli sauce, but that one did not even hit the sides of my tummy.
I just have the get physched not matter what it will take, if you got some tricks and tips up your sleeve I'd love that. I hate the cellulite the most and my higher cholesterol. My back is a bit fat too. ick
lindtcrazy

Postby lindtcrazy » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:38 pm

I've never really got the idea of low gi. Its something I've heard people talk about, but never looked in.

Is it just another science about how food keeps us full for longer, do I need a degree to understand it?
It does seem reasonable, though. I probably would do good to have a list of low gi in my kitchen on hand.
lindtcrazy

Return to Introductions