It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:07 am

Free Newsletter

I'm a newbie :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

I'm a newbie :)

Postby last victim » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:48 pm

I'm new and I have no idea what to write :oops: So hello everyone :D
last victim

Re: I'm a newbie :)

Postby Awaha » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:55 pm

hi and welcome...
u have a story to share?
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFgBXFf/

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. ~Lance Armstrong
Awaha

Postby admin » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:20 pm

Hi and welcome,

why not start by telling us a little bit about yourself?

For example, why you visited the forum, what are your weight and health goals (or life goals), your aspirations, even how you're feeling.

Most forum members have a similar reason for being here (to find help and support from others with a similar goal to lose weight, improve their health and feel better about themselves) and everyone is very friendly and helpful.

Join in on any discussion topic you are interested in and just share your thoughts.

We can all benefit from hearing about each others experiences, good, bad or otherwise.

Also consider joining in on the challenges if you like.

Whatever you're looking for, you're sure to find it here.

If you can't, ask and I'm sure someone will have answers to any questions you have.

Again, welcome, we all look forward to hearing a little more about you and following your progress.

Scott. :D
admin
Site Admin

Postby last victim » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:39 pm

Well where to start... hmmm... I'm 30 (I'm still in shock about that - swear I was only 25 yesterday lol) and I have an absolutely gorgeous 1 year old daughter. She is the inspiration for this life change :) I've been over weight 90% of my life and I did have major issues with it when i was in my teens but as an adult I've learnt to get over them and live my life and be healthy no matter what my size is. However, since having my daughter I've realised that I need to be a heck of a lot healthy and that includes losing weight. I'm very strict with what she eats and what media and images she is privy to and I realised that what kind of role model am I being when I don't always eat right and very rarely exercise. So now its time to change that!

I find it very difficult since I suffer from IBS and tend to be sick a lot of the time and struggle to be able to eat. I've tried diets/exercise regimes in the past and nothing has worked. I've spoken with doctors and most of the believe half the problem i have is that due to the IBS my body is in a perpetual state of starvation so when i can eat it stores EVERYTHING! Stupid evil digestive system :(
However, after going through labour and the stresses of single parenting I've had an epiphony! I think I have figured out why nothing works. I've never really pushed myself. I've never pushed myself to the absolute limits in anything! It was quite a shock when I realised it. So now I am pushing myself and I could actually see the results in a week! I never thought that could be possible. In 4 days I lost 2kg which is the most weight I've ever lost in such a short space! Ive only been doing this for two weeks and I am so happy witht he results, but I'm even more happy with how I feel :) I've got medication to control the IBS and am actually able to eat properly - not just shovel any old thing into my mouth because I know everything will make me sick.

I do have my "slacker" days but I've made the rule that even on those days I have to do a certain amount of time on the wii (my most favouritest thing ever!) and I've found once I start moving it kind of inspires me to do more so before I know it I've clocked an hour doing various routines.

I don't want my daughter growing up with an unhealthy view of the world. I love watching her scoff down fruit or vegetable while refusing to eat donuts or cakes and I don't want that to change because she's picked up my bad habits. I've got a VERY long way to go but I'm determined to do it for her :)
last victim

Postby last victim » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:26 pm

Weighed myself this morning and I've lost another 0.8kg! So happy :)

Plus I saw the ad for the Wii cyberbike! Oh I so have to have one! I love my nintendo wii :)
last victim

Postby brendan » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:00 pm

I saw that too - it looks a bit flimsy for the larger person (notice the skinny model model riding it :lol:]
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby last victim » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:39 am

Very true - thats why I'll certainly check the weight limit before I buy (don't want to have a nasty wii cycling accident lol)
last victim

Return to Introductions