It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:00 pm

Free Newsletter

Been stalking for a few days, finally joined :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Been stalking for a few days, finally joined :)

Postby kate28 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:11 pm

Hi guys, I'm Kate.
Found this site a few days ago, and I thought I'd join to help me kick start this weight loss.
I've been overweight since primary school, I'm now 19 (20 next year) and while I'm not at my heaviest weight, I'm more unhappy than ever. Most of my family (including extended) have been overweight at some point in their life but what's really given me a kick in the butt this time is my health problems. I've been wanting to change how I eat and how I view food ever since I can remember, but never really had the courage or willpower to give up my emotional eating, and it's just me and my mum so money was always tight. A few years ago a doctor told me and my mum we needed to lose weight and suggested a low carb diet. It was working really well, though one night we both binged on way too many carbs and that was the end. Now I've been suffering a lot of health problems, with my liver and stomach. I've come down from my heaviest with unexplained weight loss, just over 6 kilos.
But alas we're approaching the low carb diet again with a twist. Not really making it into a diet - more so trying to change our eating habits and portion sizes, but trying to cut out pasta, allowing ourselves 2 slices of wholegrain bread a day and switching to brown rice, and not eating as much fat as low carb diets tend to allow you to.
I had a bit of a binge last night, though it was on soup and some fruit, I just had far too much. I'm glad it wasn't chocolate though or anything else.
So I've decided to join up, to try and stay on track with all you lot who are doing so well and get a handle on my emotional eating :)

SW: 103.6 kg (started 8/11/10)
G1: 98 kg (achieved 13/12/10)
G2: 93.6 kg
GW: 75 kg (will reassess once I reach it)
kate28

Re: Been stalking for a few days, finally joined :)

Postby brendan » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:45 pm

Welcome to the forum Kate. I'm new here too, it's full of supportive, inspirational people - you are definitely in the right place.
Carbs were my killer vice too. I have the toast in the morning and a wrap at lunchtime (whole grain of course) - I know there are carbs in most foods, but bread and potatoes and rice were my downfall. If I have them I make sure that I only have a smallish serve of them. I have mostly salad for the main meal, and cheese or egg or chicken or tuna for protein. It seems to work for me anyway.

Good luck!
Bren
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:52 pm

Hi Kate and welcome! Sounds like you have a plan, just remember what you learned from last time and don't let future slip ups mean that it's all over and you'll get there no worries.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kate28 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:07 pm

Thanks guys :) will definitely stick to it, can't wait to shed these kgs. I'm finding it easier and easier as the days go on, hopefully my hard work will show in my weight loss!
Very glad I joined :)

kate28

Postby miss_viva » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:35 pm

Hi Kate,

Welcome to the forum. :) How's everything going for you so far?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Metalcharm » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:25 am

Welcome Kate and good luck in your weight loss!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby kate28 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:59 pm

Been going very well! Just over 5 kilos in a month. I'm finally down in double digits and have seen changes in my body so I'm very happy about that. Giving up the food I love is a bit hard but every now and then I have a little. Just trying eat healthier in general. Started the gym though and thats going very well :)

kate28

Postby 2bhealthy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:08 pm

Welcome Kate . .
Reading your post was like reading my own, many of the things you said are similar to my own story. Always had a problem with food, money has been tight, and it is soooooooo hard to eat healthy on a tight budget. Sadly a pizza is only 5 dollars, yet 5 dollars does not get you enough veggies and meat to feed 2 people for a meal . . and now I have all sorts of health issues that I never imagined could be caused by my eating habits :shock:

Congrates on your 5 kilo Mark :D , a wonderful milestone that I hope to hit by Xmas. I think the biggest plus is not the numbers , but actually seeing the changes in your shape. That to me means the most :)

Keep on going, your doing great :D
Like an onion I am just going to keep peeling off the layers

2bhealthy

Return to Introductions