It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:24 pm

Free Newsletter

Any Asians??

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Any Asians??

Postby panfriedpanda » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:32 pm

Not trying to be discriminatory or anything...

I need Asian support group to tell me what kind of food should I eat. I was born and raised for 23 years in an Asian country so naturally my diet consist of mostly rice, stir fried/deep fried things et al. I'm trying to eat healthy n calorie controlled food but the recipes I found are mostly Western cuisine.

Help anyone?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/we4EZfG/]
[/url]
panfriedpanda

Re: Any Asians??

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:08 am

Not Asian, but can throw a few suggestions around!

Portion control - if rice is a big part of your diet, make sure your portions of it are controlled.
Substitution - if you can get away with making the recipe healthier, do it! E.g. take out half the meat from a recipe and put in more and varied vegies instead, reduce the oil/fat in a recipe, bake rather than deep fry (may not turn out 100% the same, but worth a try). Just always ask yourself, "Can I make this healthier by being creative?"

For example in a Western diet I might make a healthy pizza by making it at home from a wholemeal pita bread base, plenty of vegies and only a tiny sprinkle of cheese. Same food type, but healthier. You'll probably find heaps of those kinds of recipes out there, just reinvent your usual recipes.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Introductions