It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:13 pm

Free Newsletter

Heya all, newbie :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Heya all, newbie :)

Postby BelleJournee » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:39 pm

Haro everyone!
New to the forum... Haven't had a complete look around yet but so far I like what I see :)
I'm a 24yo female who has had weight issues since birth (or so I like to think haha).
Have always been on the heavier side, and always struggled to lose weight. Have many back problems (herniated discs, wedged vertebrae, muscle problems etc etc), as well as severe anxiety so basically, I've avoided doing anything.
Currently 93kg (was 88 a fortnight ago, hooray for fluctuations). I would like to lose 15kg, to start with! I am a big framed person (168cm tall, but wide shoulders etc), and also carry a bit of muscle as I own two horses.
Saw my doc tonight as I've bloody well had enough of being this heavy, he gave me a script for Duromine... Which wasn't on the PBS grrr haha.
So starting tomorrow it's all systems go.
I've had a month off from riding due to an earlier pelvis fracture (fell off my mare), have just gotten back into that yesterday, so that's my exercise.
I work about 12-15 hours a week, but spend most of it at the computer or otherwise doing light work.
My diet is pitiful- I eat a lot of take away because it is cheap and easy. I do tend to go for smaller meals though.
Drink a lot of V, and diet Coke. Have increased my water intake over the last couple of days.

My goal isn't so much weightloss (because of the muscle factor) as it is dropping a couple of dress sizes (currently 18), and toning up. Hate my stomach, and back fat!!!! Would LUUURVE to be a size 12-14.

This is me on my smelly mare Belle :D

Anyway see you all around the forums??
BelleJournee

Re: Heya all, newbie :)

Postby BelleJournee » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:18 pm

Forgot to mention, I was a pack a day smoker up until 6 months ago, and I used to smoke instead of eat, so sure enough when I quit the kilos piled back on.... Went on Champix to quit, so figured Duromine would help me stop eating in the same manner! Just that little extra nudge in the right direction.
BelleJournee

Postby jnp » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:33 pm

Oh the dreaded back fat!! >:( The biggest annoyance of my overweight life! :P
jnp

Postby BelleJournee » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:36 pm

jnp wrote:Oh the dreaded back fat!! >:( The biggest annoyance of my overweight life! :P

Bahah, it's awful isn't it?! I'm so conscious of it too which sucks :(
BelleJournee

Postby marni » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:30 pm

i got a new halter neck top last summer... miss 12 said hey mum that's awesome - u have back boobs!!! :oops:
marni

Postby BelleJournee » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:20 pm

marni wrote:i got a new halter neck top last summer... miss 12 said hey mum that's awesome - u have back boobs!!! :oops:

LOL oh no.... Great for the confidence right?! I'm a little more tactful with my own Mum! "Hey mum, dont wear that, you look like crap..." hahaha.
BelleJournee

Return to Introductions