It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:17 am

Free Newsletter

I WANT TO BE A BETTER MUM - Breastfeeding

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

I WANT TO BE A BETTER MUM - Breastfeeding

Postby Moonontheirwings » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:42 pm

:( Not happy with my self at the moment, I weigh 125kg/5"6, I look terrible and feel worse. I have a baby 8mth old whom I am still breasrfeeding so I know I will have to make wise food choices to lose weight. I also have 3 other children, I know that if I lose the weight I will be a better mum. Currently I feel tired almost always, it is hard to do what is necessary let along spend quality time with my kids. Most of the time I am grumpy and pissed off with myself. Today I am starting a new day, which means for the 1st time in a few weeks my breakfast & lunch wont be straight sugar in any form I can get it. Yesterday was 2 choc jam donuts before 10am, it is really disgusting but I have to be truthful for this to work.

I supose I am here hopeing for the best, some place where I am accountable.

Thanks for listening to my pain.

Re: I WANT TO BE A BETTER MUM - Breastfeeding

Postby Metalcharm » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:36 am

It's great that you know there is a problem and you want to fix it. Immerse yourself in information about food and exercise and get out there and put it all into practice.
USe some of the 'quality time' with the kids as exercise time .. play chasies in the backyard or walk down to the park with the stroller. Any time that you are moving in some way is better than sitting on the lounge and the more you do the more you will WANT to do.
Don't have any of the crap in the house .. not only is it not good for you it's also not good for the little ones to be having or seeing you have.

Re: I WANT TO BE A BETTER MUM - Breastfeeding

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:01 am

Welcome to the forum! Good news is, if you are breastfeeding, as long as your diet is reasonable, that will help you lose a bit. BUT it's not going to be all plain sailing. First step, grab a food diary so you know exactly what you're eating ans start making small changes and keep adding to those small changes. Soon enough you'll see some results.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Return to Introductions