It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:56 pm

Free Newsletter

New to this forum

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New to this forum

Postby Never looking back » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:49 am

Hi all,

I am 22 years old and have been yoyo dieting all my life.
I have just starting lite n easy (1200, 7 day program), TODAY being the end of week 1. I love the food and convenience, so far, and i've been weighing my self daily (i know i shouldnt but i cant help it!) I've lost 1.4kgs so far :D . only down side Im getting a little hungry mostly in the evenings... im hoping after the first week the hunger will go away.
Im going away in 4 weeks and my goal is to lose 6 kgs... i think i can do it with regular exercise.

Wish me luck.

And this time, im never looking back, never going back to my old habits!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wKeM8jn/]
[/url]
Never looking back

Re: New to this forum

Postby brendan » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:25 am

G'day and Welcome "Never looking back"

Interested to hear what your longer term goals are regarding the weight loss. 6kg in 4 weeks should be an achievable goal.

I'd wish you good luck, but really luck has nothing to do with it. I'll wish you, instead, good resolve and dogged determination :)

Bren
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby Never looking back » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:05 am

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for the reply.

My Long term goals is to Not put the weight back on. all my life i have been able to loose the weight (using many many different diets). BUT, and a big BUT i just cant seem to keep is OFF. This time im not going to put the weight on again, im determined, i know how horrible it feels each time the weight creeps on and for some time i keep denying it until i have put on 10 kgs in a short time!
Im sick of having a wardrobe filled and i mean packed with clothes and i cant wear any of it!

Recently i was told i had Cholesterol, really high!! for my age its shocking and im only about 13kgs over my healthy weight range. Cholesterol is certainly genetic, my father and mother both have high cholesterol, and both are normal weight. My mum is 60 kgs! So this a major reason to chedd the kgs and keep it off, as i dont want to go on Medication (which is what my doctor told me would happen if i didnt loose weight)

I never used there sorts of forums before, so i think, by chatting to people that are in a similar situation it will help! and keep me motivated.

I exercise regularly, 3-4 times a week at the gym, and i love it at the moment, but sometimes my motivation drops (and thats when i put on the kgs)

How about you whats your weight loss story?

Regards

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wKeM8jn/]
[/url]
Never looking back

Postby dearne » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:56 pm

Good on you for wanting the lifestyle change! your not alone on any of those issues. im 24 and my big kick in the gut was when i went for a blood test and it came back not right. i had to have the blood test because i donate blood regularly and i went in with my boyfriend (also a regular donor) and my best mate who was there for the first time and needed the support. when i got into the meeting room the nurse took my haemglobin level and it was lower than usual, which was strange in itself, but 6 tests and a letter later i was put on a six month donation ban :x so to find out what went wrong got the blood test, and it came back with my MCV count out of wack and a risk of iron deficiency and thalassaemia. the doctor told me in order to combat this i need to lose 10-12kgs before my next blood test in december. :oops:

the short version of that is that medical reasons should make you more determined, not just to throw yourself into the deep end of exercise and diet for a short period of time but a full LIFESTYLE change, where you want to exercise and bad foods seem disgusting to you so you never have the health risk again.

Make sure with your gym that you mix up your exercise so you dont get bored, either by doing different types of workouts, or doing something completely different like walking, running, swimming or cycling. the more you mix it up, and give yourself a written schedule of when you MUST exercise can help keep you on track (and of course taking a friend)

hope this makes you feel better about your weight lose, you can do it!
Dearne
dearne

Postby brendan » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:25 pm

Cholesterol is a funny old thing - I was a cheese-aholic, before deciding to lose the weight, and you would have thought that my cholesterol would have been through the roof. Had blood tests a little over a month ago and it was at the low end of the normal range, so you can never tell by looking at someone can you? Me - the size of the Titanic, and the only glitch on the blood test was a blood sugar of 6.2.

Putting on the weight happened when I got married in 1993 - going from 75kg to peak at 158kg a month or so ago. My active lifestyle and healthy eating was disrupted, and I ended not exercising and eating the same meals as my wife. My wife died in July after struggling with cancer for 10 years, and I decided to get back to the condition I was in back in 1992 - shame I can't shed the years too :D

Bren
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby Never looking back » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:55 am

Hi Brendan,

Sorry to hear about your wife. Loosing a loved one is never ever easy. Reading all your posts in this forums tells me you know what you want to achieve in this weight loss game and how your going to get there. Your a motivation. You give some good advise. :D

Hi Dearne.

Thanks for the reply. We are to young to be fighting these diseases :( I really dont want to be on Cholesterol Medications at age 22, and possibly die of a heart attack! I actually went to the doctors yesterday and he said i will have to go on medications while i loose the weight! grrr i refuse!! Let me know how your going with your Medical battles.

Im really glad to have found this forum (actually i shouldnt take credit my boyfriend found it), im looking forward to being involved in some interesting discussions and learning about everyones experiences as we strive towards the same end goal...!

The main thing is that we are fit and healthy on the inside... I'm determined to achieve this.

ps. week 1 Lite n Easy - Lost 2.2kgs! :D quite surprised as im eating more pasta then i ever have in my life. Portions Portions Portions is the key. oh and Dearne, totally agree about mixing things up in terms of exercise, in the last couple of weeks i've been trying to fit in either one class of yoga or group exercise classes. Yoga is so relaxing!

Regards
YS
Never looking back

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:44 pm

Welcome to the forum! Health is certainly a very very very good reason to do this. I know it's what motivated me. Good luck with it. :D
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Introductions