It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:39 pm

Free Newsletter

hello there

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

hello there

Postby Dimsim151 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:06 pm

Hi everyone
I have been stalking here for a couple of days. I have finally signed up. My weight has never been an issue until really 1 year ago. I have put on 8 kg in approx 6 months.This has been due to my eating habits and other life stressors. I am 151cm and 67 kg at present.

It really came to my attention when i got a cut in my arm and it did not heal well. My father had diabetes at 40 and mum passed away at 61 of a heart attack. Also the fact that my pants no longer fit me and my bra size has doubled. I have excess belly mass - well all over mass.
I know being short makes each weight gain seem huge. This will not not be a diet but a lifestyle and eating change. I do lack motivation but have managed to walk 6km yesterday with a friend and 3km this morning myself.So if anyone has any suggestions for a healthier me i will gladly take it all in. Cheers and have a great day :) :)

Re: hello there

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:51 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum! Well done on waking up to the signs, sometimes it takes a lot longer than it should! My advice would be make changes slowly, accept that you will make slip ups and just commit to making each decision as best you can. Good luck!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Return to Introductions