It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:35 am

Free Newsletter

Hi everyone

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi everyone

Postby lindah » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:12 am

Hi! I'm 20, and new to this site! I haven't been skinny since I was 8, and as soon as I was in a long term relationship I put on even more weight. I want/need to lose 20kg!!!! So yeah... I'm looking forward to talking to everyone, as I don't have anyone to talk to about this where i live!

Re: Hi everyone

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:59 am

welcome to the forum! Good luck with your goals. :D
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby dearne » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:35 pm

this is a good place to be honest about whatever you want, someone on here is either going through the same thing or has beaten the same thing.

Postby vickimaree » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:47 pm

:D Hi, I am new here and you all may think that i'm not overweight... I am a 55yrs old, live alone, only have to cook for myself and over the past 8years my weight has been uncontrolable. I was a healthy 50kgs but now a very uncomfortable 70kg and can't seem to shift this. I have also developed a digestive disorder with severe pain and bloating, I have great difficulty with exercise due to physical limitations.... so here I am. I am looking towards a goal of losing 10kgs. And also to know that I am not alone.

Postby brendan » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:48 pm

Hi Vickimaree

Welcome to the forum.

By only having to cook for yourself you have a big advantage in that you can chose the foods that suit your needs. Which foods affect your gastro problem? ... and about how tall are you ... I'm guessing about 5'2" ?

In my case I'm trying to shift about 80kg (which is more than you weigh :D ) - I only have to look after myself now, so I can eat pretty much what I like - or at least what I know I need to eat. I'm one year older than you.
My usual pattern is:
Breakfast - 2 toast with an egg, or baked beans (sometimes I might have oats,nuts, fruit and yoghurt) Lunch - Salad wrap with either fetta, cheddar, tuna, or chicken Dinner - fruit and nuts (sometimes with some fetta) sometimes I have a meal replacement shake instead. My exercise at the moment is 12minutes on the exercise bike twice a day, but I'm building it up gradually. I swing a couple of dumb bells around once a day. I'm hoping that when I've lost another 10-20kg I will be able to walk a bit, something which is restricted at the moment because of weight/back problems - I have only lost 10kg but I can already feel the difference - the mirror hasn't caught up yet. :lol:
My regime is not for everyone, but there are some very experienced and knowledgeable people on this forum who will be able to point you in the right direction for your circumstances.
All the best

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic

Return to Introductions