It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:11 am

Free Newsletter

Hello...

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello...

Postby autumns_mummy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:18 am

Hi there!

I'm Sarah - I'm 22 and 4 months ago had a beautiful baby girl, Autumn.

I'm now a good 2-kg overweight. I'm about 165cm tall. Before I found out I was pregnant (about this time last year) I'd lost about 25-30kg. I started at the beginning of 2009 at about 98kg. I kickstarted my weight loss using Tony Ferguson (for 2 weeks) and lost about 5kg within those 2 weeks. The weight continued to steadily drop off (without my doing much of anything) and I was between 70-75kg around October 2009.

Before I knew I was pregnant, I realised I'd been putting on a little bit of weight, and tried to control it. To my dismay, I could not budge those extra kilo's off, and noticed I felt more and more bloated and my boobs were putting on weight too (already a D-DD cup!). I found out on November 25, 2009 that I was 5 weeks and 4 days pregnant.

My pregnancy went relatively smoothly, and I only put on the recommended amount of weight, despite being careless with my diet the whole way through. I figured I was pregnant, if there was one time in my life that I could eat what I want and get away with it, it was now. Even though I would often eat 2 family size blocks of chocolate a week (cravings suck!) I still only put on about 12 kg (I got to about 92kg, and was about 80kg at the beginning of the pregnancy) which was almost not enough weight for a full term pregnancy. Needless to say, on July 24 at 9.23am, after 36 hours of labour and 2 1/2 hours of pushing, my beautiful daughter came in to the world at a perfect 3.45kg (7lb9oz - right on average!).

I lost about 6 kg within that first week. I was down to 86kg, felt great, my tummy was smaller than it had been in months and I was so happy to finally be myself again! I lost a further 2kg over the next 2 months, and thought "This is great, my body is just going to go back to normal!".

BOY WAS I SHOCKED! I got to about 82-83kg, and started putting weight back on! I was devastated!

So that leaves me where I am now. I've tried (over the last 2 months or so) the regular healthy eating & excercise, which hasn't worked (wait, I lie, in 20 days of that, I lost a whole... 100g :() and am currently on day 4 of another shake diet. This time, I'm making it up as I go (currently using Musashi powder as a meal replacement) and currently my eating habits look like this:

Breakfast: Shake (with 99% fat free Soy milk)
Morning Tea: 2 100% natural vitawheats with healthy topping (today was 1/4 avocado between them)
Lunch: Shake
Afternoon Tea: Small salad/fruit (green apple)
Dinner: Grilled meat/mince meal (5 star lean mince) with salad/healthy roast veg (from TF website)
Desert: 3 choc biscuits (I know, not the healthiest, but we bought them on special and they'll go off otherwise!)

My partner is helping me so much, we went shopping last night and ended up spending over $300 on healthy food!

I weighed in on Monday morning at 83.5kg, and weighed myself this morning as I felt like I was putting weight on, and so far in 3 days I've lost 800g. Not as significant as I was hoping, but I did have a bowl of hot chips yesterday (a workmate bought them for me - curse them!).

I basically just hope to have a place to discuss all this stuff, as my family and friends (other than my partner) are sick of hearing about it!

Thanks all, hope I'm welcome, and hope to make many new friends!
autumns_mummy

Re: Hello...

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:55 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum! Congrats on your baby BTW.

800g in 3 days is actually not a bad amount. The recommended rate of weight loss (i.e. the rate most associated with long term maintenance of healthy weight) is 1kg per week, so expecting much more than that is a bit much.

Good luck, and remember to expect a few slip ups and just keep getting back on that horse.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby autumns_mummy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:11 pm

Thanks heaps :)
You're right, I guess I was just hoping to lose a bit more after cutting out all the junk and carbs I was having every day!
autumns_mummy

Postby Classychic » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:43 am

Welcome Sarah and congrats on your baby girl, Autumn.

I hear you when you mentioned the expense of your shopping trip to buy healthy foods. I went to buy a capsicum the other day at $12.98kg which put it at about $3.50! It wouldn't fill me up if I ate the whole thing yet I can go out and buy a bag of hot chips for that or less and be full. Doesn't make sense to me, the chips are processed but the capsicum isn't....how can processed foods cost less than the unprocessed ones??!!

Your current diet sounds quite similar to mine, except the dessert. I ususally have 1/2 a cup frozen berries (defrosted), 2 x tablespoons of natural yoghurt, a sprinkle of muesli and a dribble of maple syrup on top.....mmm, delish!

I also find wraps with lots of salad and chicken or mince really good for dinner but only use Empower Wraps which only have 3g carbs rather than 15+ found in the standard ones. You can get them from health food shops but again, are about double the price of standards, about $7 for an 8 pack.

Good luck!

CC :)
Classychic

Postby nancyd589 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:54 pm

Hello !
I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !

[Spam deleted]
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam removed
nancyd589

Postby brendan » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:08 pm

Hi Nancy

Welcome to the forum. Perhaps you could tell us a bit about yourself, your goals, and how you hope to achieve them. I think you probably have already sussed out that the place is teeming with caring, supportive people who can give you advice when you need it, encouragement when you are a bit down, and a good kick in the pants when you need it! :lol:

All the best with your weight loss!
Bren
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby miss_viva » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:18 pm

Welcome to both of you!

All the best, keep us posted on how you're going :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Return to Introductions