It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:58 am

Free Newsletter

Pleased To Meet You

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Pleased To Meet You

Postby jasenkris » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:45 pm

Hiyo... We are a couple who have gained weight together and now intend on losing it together!
We know we need a new eating plan but are actually unsure what is correct? Do we do Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Tea, Snack or do we do BLT + 2 snacks?
Would love opinions also on what makes up a good breakfast?
Thanks everyone

Re: Pleased To Meet You

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:21 am

Welcome to the forum! I'd go the first option.
What makes a good breakfast? Well, breakfast should be a basis on which your day will be spent, so low GI carbs are good. Something like muesli (no sugar, natural) or porridge with whole rolled oats not quick oats, or a wholemeal/grain (the heavier the better) toast with tomato or something would be good.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby dearne » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:10 pm

im of the opinion if you dont eat at a minimum of the 3 meals and 2 snacks then all you do is be hungry, so lots of little things is good, and keeping an eye on it for calories helps see how to do it properly in the beginning, thus making good habits.

i also am i person who is doing this with my partner, its makes exercising so much fun, and varied because you work to both your strengths

Postby Classychic » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:54 am

Welcome to the forum!

The current thinking is that eating every 2 - 3 hours stops your body going into starvation mode and keeps your metabolism at it's optimum therefore burning fat. Of course that depends on what you are putting in your mouth for your body to burn too. If you're putting in high carb foods, these will be burned first before the fat, so best to eat low carb, low GI foods.

Example ideas for daily eating plan:

Breakfast - All bran, soy & linseed bread, berries with yoghurt, eggs (only 1 - 2 times a week) - 1 of these options not all of them
Snack - apple, pear, 30g cheese, small handful raw nuts, small tin tuna, boiled egg
Lunch - salad with chicken or tuna, soup (not creamy ones), wrap with salad and chicken or ham
Snack - 2 slices of deli meat like ham, vegetable sticks with hommus or tzatziki, apple, pear, 30g cheese, small handful raw nuts, small tin tuna
Dinner - lean meat & vegetables or salad, omelette with salad, stir fry
Snack - 1/2 cup berries & 2 spoons natural yoghurt, low sugar jelly,

As a tool I use Calorie King Nutrition & Exercise Manager (Aust Ed) software and find this very useful to monitor my intakes and activity levels.

CC :)

Return to Introductions