It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:12 am

Free Newsletter

Celebrity Slimmer in Tassie

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Celebrity Slimmer in Tassie

Postby Classychic » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:00 am

Hi from beautiful Tassie!

Started on Celebrity Slim 3 weeks ago, into my 4th week this week. Have lost 3kg which I'm pretty happy with but jumped on the scales this morning to find a 400g gain, which I was less than impressed with. That being said, I did have a few wines on the weekend so my own fault but back into my good eating/drinking habits today.

My short term goal is to lose 2kg more over the next 4 weeks and then another 5kg over the following 12 weeks, at which point I'll reach my goal weight and change to a maintenence plan.

I'm not a fan of shakes programs because I like real food but the idea in going on one was as a motiviational, quick start to lose some weight, not as a long term thing.

The 1st week I stuck to the Celebrity Slim program stringently, which I found suprisingly easy. I always felt full after the shakes and didn't feel the need to eat anything further until snack time.

The following weeks I've dropped back to having the shakes at breakfast only or when I don't have time to prepare a meal.

Breakfast used to be my favourite and biggest meals of the day. I felt it powered me up and prepared me for everything so I'd start with a bowl of muesli, a couple of eggs, mushrooms, spinich, ham and a tea.

Now I quite like the shakes for breakfast, I don't have to think about what to prepare and can focus on getting myself and my family ready for the day.

For lunch I found that I can make a much lower carb meal from real food rather than have a shake so I've been doing this.

I didn't do much research prior to beginning the program, none actually, but have since been reading lots and deciding how I want to eat long term to maintain my weight once I get to my goal. I find low carb, high protein eating appealing, not too restrictive and it doesn't leave me feeling hungry. I'm also interested in learning more about low GI eating/cooking.

I did no exercise during the 1st week of my program but during the following weeks have been walking every 2nd day, sometimes twice a day.

I use Australian Edition CalorieKing Nutrition and Exercise Manager software to monitor my intakes and am finding this a fantastic tool to keep me on track and within my limits.

Looking forward to learning more from everyone here,
CC
Classychic

Re: Celebrity Slimmer in Tassie

Postby brendan » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:10 am

Welcome Taswegian

It looks like you will be into the Maintenance Forum before you know it. :D

From what you say, it looks like you know what you are doing - if it's not too personal, what is your target weight, and how does that relate to your height?

cheers
Bren
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:37 am

Yay another Tasmanian! :mrgreen:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Classychic » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:44 pm

Butterfly_Dawn wrote:Yay another Tasmanian! :mrgreen:

Hi Butterfly Dawn :)
Classychic

Postby Classychic » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:55 pm

brendan wrote:Welcome Taswegian

It looks like you will be into the Maintenance Forum before you know it. :D

From what you say, it looks like you know what you are doing - if it's not too personal, what is your target weight, and how does that relate to your height?

cheers
Bren

Thanks for the welcome Bren.

I started off at 69.9kg, dropped to 66.8kg but am back to 67.2kg. Trying not to be disheartened by the slight gain but it's frustrating when on the whole I've been very controlled with my eating and drinking and my only 'naughty' was a couple of wines on the weekend. Guess these will just have to be a straight out no until I've reached my goal.
By the end of Dec I'd like to weigh in at 65kg but I'm not sure this will work with Xmas, even if I do make healthy choices and exercise, due to all the extra eating/drinking I seem to do around this time...we'll see.

I'm 166cm tall. My dream weight would be 60kg but realistically I'd be happy hovering around 62kg. This would put me in the middle range for a good BMI too.

Thanks,
CC :)
Classychic

Return to Introductions