It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:54 pm

Free Newsletter

A pleasant day to everyone!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

A pleasant day to everyone!

Postby jennywilliamson » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:27 pm

I am a 28 year old single woman who works in finance in the city. Given that I work really long hours, yours truly often do not have time to go to the gym no matter how I try to fit it in my busy schedule. I generally eat on the go, eating large meals late at night when upon getting home from work.

Having said all those, I want to find a particular method that is easy and does not involve counting calories and carbs to help me lose and maintain my weight. Anything that would not involve planning what I need to do is goo way to go.

Cheers!
jennywilliamson

Re: A pleasant day to everyone!

Postby Metalcharm » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:52 pm

I'd be a millionaire if I could tell you an easy way but I'm afraid you just have to work at it!
There are lots of little tips you could fit into your day to help you move a bit more or eat a bit less like
Cut down on the portions at night.
Take the stairs.
Get out of the bus a stop earlier.
Eat HEALTHY stuff on the go .. have an apple wth you, a tub of yoghurt etc...
wake up half and hour earlier and go for a walk.
lots of little things will add up

The weight didn't pile on overnight and it won't come off overnight either.
You know in your heart what is healthy .. there'd be no need to count calories if you stuck to a basic whole foods kind of diet .. lots of fresh fruit and veg and very little processed stuff.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby dearne » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:07 am

hi there and welcome!

i currently work in finance, and my boss is also a very busy man trying to stay a little trim, and what he does is has lite n easy. it seems to be the way to go for a busy lifestyle like his, like he leaves one of the meals here at work when he knows he is going to be in the office, and if he is out and about for business lunches etc orders sushi or wraps. you are meant to have it everyday but if you are so busy at least trying for 2 of the meals per day may help and keep an eye on the food intake at the same time.
Dearne
dearne

Postby jennywilliamson » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:43 pm

Metalcharm wrote:I'd be a millionaire if I could tell you an easy way but I'm afraid you just have to work at it!
There are lots of little tips you could fit into your day to help you move a bit more or eat a bit less like
Cut down on the portions at night.
Take the stairs.
Get out of the bus a stop earlier.
Eat HEALTHY stuff on the go .. have an apple wth you, a tub of yoghurt etc...
wake up half and hour earlier and go for a walk.
lots of little things will add up

The weight didn't pile on overnight and it won't come off overnight either.
You know in your heart what is healthy .. there'd be no need to count calories if you stuck to a basic whole foods kind of diet .. lots of fresh fruit and veg and very little processed stuff.

Thanks for these tips, Metalcharm. I'd be trying them out as soon as I get back to work next week, just to make me start my week at the right foot.

Cheers!
jennywilliamson

Postby jennywilliamson » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:46 pm

dearne wrote:hi there and welcome!

i currently work in finance, and my boss is also a very busy man trying to stay a little trim, and what he does is has lite n easy. it seems to be the way to go for a busy lifestyle like his, like he leaves one of the meals here at work when he knows he is going to be in the office, and if he is out and about for business lunches etc orders sushi or wraps. you are meant to have it everyday but if you are so busy at least trying for 2 of the meals per day may help and keep an eye on the food intake at the same time.

Thanks a lot for these ideas! I'll keep all of these in mind!

:)
jennywilliamson

Return to Introductions