It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:13 am

Free Newsletter

New . . need to get healthy

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New . . need to get healthy

Postby 2bhealthy » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:42 am

Hello,
I have been advised by the doctor that I need to loose extra weight. I have been slowly putting on weight for the last few years, more so in the last year. I now discover it had a lot to do with medical reasons. I am not on a restrictive diet that incorporates one protein shake a day. I have 31 kgs to loose, which to me seems very daunting :cry:

I only started today, but I know I am going to struggle to maintain. Even though I have a supportive family they do not know what I am about to undertake, or how it is going to make me feel. A friend of mine recommended this forum. So here I am.

Hope to talk to you all further as the weeks progress into months :D

Cheers

2bhealthy :D
Like an onion I am just going to keep peeling off the layers

2bhealthy

Re: New . . need to get healthy

Postby brendan » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:20 pm

Hi and Welcome 2bhealthy

You've made a good choice coming here - everyone is very supportive! You'll find someone here that is going through a similar journey to yourself, and you will be able to support each other.

Losing a lot of weight can be daunting, but if you break it down into smaller goals you will find it easier to stay focused.

Discuss it with your family if you can, outline your plan and ask for their support and understanding - they can be the biggest supporter or the biggest hindrance depending how you relate with them and vice versa.

Look forward to seeing your progress :shock:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby Metalcharm » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:36 pm

Hi 2b! Nice ot see you here.

When I started I wanted to lose 31kg too (look at my ticker). I'm two thirds of the way along and it feels great. Don't go in with the attitude that you won't be able to maintain it .. of course you will!
You know what is bad for you so immerse yourself with information about healthy eating and exercise and hopfully you'll change your whole mindset and NOT want the unhealthy foods and will know what a good substitue food will be.

Stick with it. You can do it and I look forward to reading about your progress. :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby 2bhealthy » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:56 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am trying to tackle this one day at a time. So far I am not struggling, excepted with the Detox symptoms that my Doc says can last up to 5 days. . . I'm hoping not. The meals have been easy to stick to and are easy with a family.

Heres to small steps :-)

2bhealthy

Postby 2bhealthy » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:46 pm

Have to admit, I struggled today . . I cooked the family their meal, and it smelt so good ! I had my steamed Veggies and Fish ready, but I soooooo wanted to just have a mouthful of theirs :oops:
Glad to say I just served it up with mass speed and got the hell out of the kitchen . .

I have been trying to cook them the same meals, but this is not always practical.

So far I have a photo on the fridge that stops me from opening it . . blah ! , but the dinner got to me. Habits are so hard to change. But we all have to learn how to walk before we can run right? So baby steps it is . . .

I hope it gets easier, and I don't sit there eating with my family wishing I was eating somewhere else just so I didn't have to smell their dinners. :cry:

2bhealthy

Postby miss_viva » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:43 pm

Hi 2bhealthy and welcome!

Best of luck with your weightloss goal, you can do it! 31kgs seems really daunting, but just break it down into small chunks. Focus on losing weight 1kg at a time, and give yourself little rewards when you reach milestones, like the first 5kgs, 10kgs etc.

I'm not sure what you can do to improve the dinner time situation at your household, other than trying to cook them the same meals. I realise that's not always practical....

Maybe you could serve yourself a tiny portion of what they're having? That way, you won't feel so deprived. Eat your healthy dinner first, and then see if you still want a tiny portion of their 'normal' dinner afterwards. Possibly you won't even want it by the time you finish yours, but knowing it's there if you WANT it might help you stay motivated.

All the best!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby 2bhealthy » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:48 am

That is a great Idea !
Sadly I can't shout myself a small bit of what they have , as I have health issues that require at the moment only a limited variety of food . . . but I LOVE the idea of eating mine first !
And yes, you're right . . if I'm not hungry I might not be tempted . . bit like the rule of eat before you go grocery shopping :D

Thank you so much

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whbAVvt/]
[/url]

2bhealthy

Postby miss_viva » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:57 pm

You're welcome :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Nic27 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:17 pm

Hi 2bhealthy

I think we're in the same boat! I joined today and have about the same amount of weight to lose. It's very daunting, I agree. I figure if I can get my weight finally going in the other direction (i.e. down, not up!) and not worry so much about how long it may take then I'll be OK. Just a lot to take in at the beginning.

Yay to us both though!

Cheers, Nic
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wL4Bo7r/]
Nic27

Postby 2bhealthy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:06 pm

miss_viva wrote: Eat your healthy dinner first.

Great advise ! :D Worked a charm, I had my meal half hour before the family then sat with my water while they ate theirs, so I was not tempted at all being already full, and didn't feel left out as I was still sitting with them

Thanks Miss Viva :D

2bhealthy

Return to Introductions