It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:35 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi everyone!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi everyone!

Postby Allie1 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:21 am

Hiya!

My names Alex and I'm new to all this..just come across your forum and it looks great! I'm hoping its going to give me the motivation and inspiration I need to help me become the healthier slimmer me :D

Anyway I'm a 32 year old mummy of 4. I have never had issues with my weight in the past before. It's ever since I passed my driving test that the weight has crept on. In the past I could eat whatever I liked...now it goes straight to my bum! I have really cut out most of my exercise since passing my test...so I have decided to eat healthier and start running with my hubby.

Unfortunatly my personal diet has been very unhealthy...I snack on chocolate and lots of junk...and my favourite drink is Coke!! I think cutting these things out of my diet is going to be a real issue for me. I'm hoping I can be strong and if not cut them out completely then at least cut them down severly.

Anyway thanks for reading and I look forward to chatting to you and hopefully losing the 10kg I want to shift!!

Alex :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wa2s2g3/]
Allie1

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby dearne » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome!

Yeah those snacks and fizzy drinks are a killer!! i always assumed that drinks have no calories etc but even today realised that the vitamin waters have 100cals, and that more than most of the foods i try to have in a day!!!!

as long as you realise your weakness you can tackle it, but it will take time, willpower and lots of people kicking you up the bum (we all need it once in a while, mine was last week :( )
Dearne
dearne

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby Allie1 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:37 pm

Hi Dearne,

Thanks for your reply..you are so right about those drinks!! You buy them thinking they are healthy for you as they say 'vitamin water' but all that is, is a big con to suck people in!

Sorry to hear you needed a kick up the bum last week....I'm pretty sure i am going to need several of those myself. I am very weak willed when it comes to food...I'm finding it hard to restrict myself and this is only day one!! I bought tim tams and stuff for the family yesterday and everytime I open the cupboard they are there winking at me. I think once they're gone I am not going to buy anymore crap...this is going to be a turn around for the whole family. My 5 year old is going to seriously hate me!! Ha.

Can I just say that you have done fantastically losing 6k already!! You should be very proud!! I know when I have lost my first kilo I'm going to be shouting it from the rooftops lol. Well boasting about it on Facebook anyway lol.

Thanks again for saying hi xx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wa2s2g3/]
Allie1

Return to Introductions