It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:41 pm

Free Newsletter

Struggling to loose weight

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Struggling to loose weight

Postby Struggling Hard » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:14 pm

Hi there... I am 45 and 167cm tall and weight 88.6kg. Have tried off and on for a few years to loose weight.

At the moment I am going to the gym - that is very iffy some weeks due to family committments but a good week is 4 times.

Tonight I went and nearly fainted as I feel so unfit :(

Last Saturday I started doing Kate Morgan - Saturday wasn't too bad but by the end of the day I felt very weak and dry in the mouth and spacey. Sunday I caved in the afternoon and had 3 choc biscuits. Today I caved and had half choc donut.

My biggest issues are my mind! lol - I suffer from OCD and I think this is all part of the OCD Plan to mess with my head. I obsess about food and listen to too much advice and end up just pigging out on junk :(
Struggling Hard

Re: Struggling to loose weight

Postby brendan » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:42 pm

Welcome Struggling Hard

It sounds like you have a few issues to cope with. I guess you are getting therapy for the OCD, and that is probably something we can't deal with directly. How does the OCD impact on your weight loss attempts? You say you obsess about food, is that the OCD? or is it just the same demon that most of us battle with at one time or another - so called 'emotional eating?'
Perhaps see a doctor before proceeding any further, they can give you a good examination and do blood tests to see if there is any problem with sugar, iron or a host of other things that run around the body doing essential tasks.
I'm not sure what Kate Morgan does - I presume it's pre-prepared meals or something. Losing weight is probably as hard or as easy as you want to make it. You'll see lots of good dietary and exercise advice here and it is for free. But before embarking on a weight loss, see a doctor, please!

All the best
Bren
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby Struggling Hard » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:55 pm

Thanks Brendan.... All checked by Doctor - Doctor told me to lose the weight! lol

Just fed up with it all :( Yeah im guessing its totally emotional eating!
Struggling Hard

Postby miss_viva » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:17 pm

Welcome Stuggling Hard :)

I know what you mean about finding the gym really hard. When I used to go to the gym, I used to tell myself that each time I went would never be as hard as the previous time. That seemed to motivate me a lot. No matter how bad it felt, I used to think 'at least I'm moving in the right direction and I'm getting slightly more fit!'

Maybe you could look into doing another form of exercise that you enjoy more? I persisted with the gym for years and years, but it never really did much for me because I hated it so much :P I actually lost more weight when I quit the gym and just started walking for an hour most days. I enjoyed that so much more, and it didn't feel like "forced" exercise. At the moment, I'm into swimming and I really love that too.

All the best, keep us posted!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Return to Introductions