It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:53 pm

Free Newsletter

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Mummy27 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:49 am

Hi, I'm new here, finally decided to join as I have been trying to lose weight for 2 months now and not seeing any loss.
My story is November 2009 I gave birth to my first child and was about 88kg, 78kg for my pre-pregnancy weight. I have been very lazy during winter but in October this year I decided to finally start trying to lose this weight. Then I was 86kg. I joined a gym on a 10 visit pass and went twice the first week but felt it very hard to keep up as quite unfit so decided to get some dvds instead. I bought the Hollywood Trainer CardioSculpt and have been doing that 3-4 times a week and walking 30mins 1-2 times a week. I do my exercise when my son has his daily nap which is 1-2 hours then he is up for the rest of the day.
I used to eat a lot of cake and chocolate which I've cut down a lot, and also drank a lot of coke which I hardly drink anymore, about 1-2 cans of coke a week now. So it's been 2 months now trying to budge this weight and I have only lost half a kilo which is very depressing as before I started I got it in my head that I would lose half a kilo a week. I also took measurements but they are not moving either. I just want to get rid of my big baby belly, I'm sick of tucking my fat belly into my underpants! :(
I am 27 now, my age might also have something to do with my slow weight loss. When I was about 23 I was 70kg and decided to lose weight, only went on a half hr walk each morning and lost half a kilo a week and got down to 65kg. But then some crap happened in my life and I gave up on the weight loss which caused my gain to 78kg before I got pregnant.
My partner doesn't help as I complain to him about not losing any weight as I just need to vent but then if we go to the shop and I pick up a Snickers bar I am made to feel like a criminal! :(
Mummy27

Re: Newbie

Postby miss_viva » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:21 pm

Hi Mummy (I feel so strange calling you that!) and welcome :)

Congratulations on all of the positive steps you've taken so far to lose weight. Chocolate is my weakness too, and I know how hard it can be to give it up/cut back.

Maybe you could think about asking your partner to help you lose weight? Would he be more likely to encourage you if you were doing things together? Maybe you could both go for a walk each afternoon with your baby for an hour or so? He might see that you're serious about trying to lose weight then and be more supportive.

All the best :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby hotmumma78 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:31 pm

hi mummy - what is your diet like? i have a 9 month old boy and when i started trying to lose weight i struggled but in aug i foiund a great weight loss plan through losebabyweight and since then i have lost 10kg and i am still breastfeeding. i have a nutrition smoothie for brekkie and lunch then snacks am and pm plus a big dinner. I eat regularly and don't go hungry which I think is the main reason I have been able to stick at it for so long a other things I have tried I find it impossible to stick to. I do really basic execrise like walking every day too but nothing crazy. Gonna try for baby number 2 next year too and am so happy I have nearly lost all the weight!
hotmumma78

Postby Mummy27 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:11 pm

To be perfectly honest my diet hasn't been perfect, I kind of thought as long as I worked out I wouldn't need to change my diet, that I could still eat the odd chocolate bar now and again and soft drink. And on Saturday nights I would have a few jim beams, a bag of lollies and popcorn/chips.
So after a lot of reading and not losing any weight on Saturday I decided that's it if I want to lose weight I need to drastically change my diet. So Saturday night I allowed myself 2 jim beams and a Snickers bar, then decided this week I'm going to try to be very good and see how much weight I can lose.
So Sunday I weighed 84.8 can't remember what I ate Sunday but yesterday I had:
bowl of Milo cereal
an apple
can of tomato soup
2 slices of white bread toast with marjarine
milky way
2 burritos (beef mince)
only water to drink
Today I weigh 84.2kg, so a loss of 06.kg yay! Only exercise I've done is 30 minute walk yesterday.
If I go to bed hungry I tell myself to embrace the feeling. I hope I can keep this weight loss up.
My first goal is to get to 78kg so I'll be back to my pre-pregnancy weight, bigger goal is 70kg and dream goal is 60kg, although I plan to get pregnant this time next year so 60kg probably not going to make that but I hope to get to 70kg before I get pregnant again.
Do not ever want to weigh this much again!
Mummy27

Return to Introductions