It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:21 am

Free Newsletter

3rd time round

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

3rd time round

Postby artisanhands » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:48 pm

Hello, I'm new to the wightloss.com.au forum but not new to weightloss.

I was a fat teen 120kg, but i managed to shed 57 kilos by the time I left high school weighing 63kg.
Then I had a baby and gained 37kg, a year later I managed again to loose 21 kilos so I was sitting at 79kilos. Last year I had another baby and lo and behold the weight was back by an extra 12kg and here I sit at 112kg really struggling 13months down the track to loose even 1 kilo.

I have tried it all this year, the gym member ship, the special k 2 week challenge, Atkins, broccoli and chicken diet, lemon detox, Spark People blah blah blah.....I don't drive so i walk EVERYWHERE!!!! I have 2 kids so I'm always on the go, I run 2 business from home which keeps me busy also, I breast feed, I don't eat a hell of a lot either, I drink loads of water all to no effect.

They say with every child you have the harder it becomes to drop the kilos especially if your predisposed to gaining loads of weight during pregnancy...and I am thanx mum!

So here I am to really give myself a much need challenge to loss this horrid weight. I have just under 6 months to drop at least 25kilos, so I can look great in a pin up 50's dress for my engagement party in May 2011 and just over a year and a half before I get married in may 2012 to drop the last 17kilos for a goal of weighing 70kilos.

So here I go, I hope to have fun and find some great advise and support along the way from this great community...maybe even inspire a few peeps along the way too :D
artisanhands

Re: 3rd time round

Postby miss_viva » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:28 pm

Hi Artisanhands and welcome to the forum :)

Congratulations on losing 57kgs as a teen, that is REALLY impressive! How did you go about doing that? Is there anything that you did then that you're no longer doing? By the sounds of your post, you've tried a lot of different fad diets this year. Some people follow them and have some good results, but I personally believe that they aren't sustainable in the long run. I think the best thing to do is just to try and eat the best food that you possibly can, minimise the snacks, and get some regular exercise most days of the week. You say that you walk a lot - maybe you could focus on walking at a faster pace?

I hope you don't take this post the wrong way, I'm not trying to criticise what you've been doing. It just seems like you're pretty frustrated right now and that you've tried a lot of different things that aren't really doing much for you at this point in time. Perhaps it's best just to get back to basics and not focus on fad diets. You also mentioned that you don't eat much either - that can also be an issue when you're trying to lose weight. Ironically, eating less can actually make it harder for you to lose weight. If your calorie intake is too low, your body enters what is basically "starvation mode" and tries to cling onto the fat supplies it has. Perhaps you could focus on eating a little more, but making healthy food choices. My advice to you would be to eat three healthy main meals a day, with a snack after each one. E.g. like a piece of fruit, some chopped up vegetables and low fat dip etc. This will help to boost your metabolism. I would also suggest doing 30-60 minutes of intensive exercise each day. Walking is an excellent start, but maybe you're not quite getting your heart rate up high enough? You might want to increase your intensity a little. It's hard to know for sure, as there's not too much detail about that in your post.

I wish you all the best, and I'm sure that you're going to look fantastic at your engagement party regardless. Congratulations on both of your children :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby miss_viva » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:31 pm

miss_viva wrote: I think the best thing to do is just to try and eat the best food that you possibly can, minimise the snacks, and get some regular exercise most days of the week.

Sorry, I should have been more specific there - minimise the UNHEALTHY snacks, not all snacks! :lol: There's nothing wrong with snacking on things like fruit, vegetables, low fat yoghurt/dairy products, nuts (in moderation) etc....
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Metalcharm » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:41 pm

Hello and welcome :)
You've done it before .. you can do it again!

I'd suggest going to http://www.calorieking.com.au and when you set up an account you can out everything you eat in a day and maybe you'll find you're eating more than you thought .. snacking off kid's plates it deadly for adding calories!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Return to Introductions