It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:03 pm

Free Newsletter

a long way to go

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

a long way to go

Postby sizing_down » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:58 pm

Baby number 3 is 5 months old now.
I've lost a lot of weight. I don't really know how much. I have an awful lot to go still though.
At the beginning of this month I reevaluated my weight loss goals. I need to get to at least (most?) 60kg. That puts me at the top of my healthy weight range.

When I weighed in this week I was 76.6kg and had lost 2 kg in the previous week. I'm pretty happy with that :D I'm following the weight watchers points plan on my own at home. I joined before having baby no.1 and had kept all the books. I have really been going it alone with no support.

I'm having trouble with exercise motivation though. I've been sick-we all have so I have a house full of sick, wingey kids AND it's been pouring rain for weeks. We've had flooding. I can't get out to walk and I'm feeling pretty flat so the excercise dvds I've been using on and off for the last 2 years aren't very appealing. I'm pretty bored with them.
I'm planning on starting jujitsu once I'm over this bug. It's something I've been thinking about for a long time now. I've lost a lot of fitness in this last month with being sick and I'm really struggling. I guess that's how I ended up here.

Looking for inspiration I guess, and recommendations of things that worked and are worth a try.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wYY4HVE/]
[/url]

12 Week Challenge Goal 28th Febuary 2011 68.6kg

Starting weight: September '10 83kg
sizing_down

Re: a long way to go

Postby brendan » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:04 am

A good idea might be to make a plan, and have a few targets besides the final goal. As the saying goes: How do you eat and elephant? - One bite at a time :D

List the foods you know you need for good health, list those you need to avoid. Decide on what is a reasonable size meal is for you. .... and find a few different forms of exercise - jujitsu, will be good in that it will develop your self confidence and mental discipline as well as giving you a good workout. But you still need other forms of exercise, maybe something you can do at home when the weather isn't so good - an exercise bike, treadmill, weights, punch bag etc

Best wishes in your quest for 65kg
you can do it!

Bren
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Re: a long way to go

Postby sizing_down » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:32 am

ah I realised this morning that I'd written down my weight and measurements in August when bub was a couple of weeks old so I do know what weight I was starting from this time after all.

I used the WW plan of attack to set my mini goals when I sat down to do the numbers a few weeks ago. I'm using stickers on my calendar as an exercise reward system (sad, I know) and I do have some home exercise dvds for when the weather is bad and a stroller to take the kids walking when it is good. I have access to a treadmill and heated indoor swimming pool whenever as well- no excuse not to exercise really. Aside from my low energy levels and boredom.

I've done this before. Aside from the ongoing battle between babies... I lost 15kg when I finished high school and got to 65kg... and then I put it all back on when I was finishing uni and was under a lot of stress and the chocolate was calling (and then added from there with the first pregnancy). Common enough story I guess. So I know what I'm doing and even how to go about doing it really but extra support and ideas are always welcome.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wYY4HVE/]
[/url]

12 Week Challenge Goal 28th Febuary 2011 68.6kg

Starting weight: September '10 83kg
sizing_down

Return to Introductions