It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:30 pm

Free Newsletter

New to weight loss!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New to weight loss!

Postby rhianna88 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:13 pm

Hey everyone,

This is my first forum post..ever! I have recently joined as motivation to complete my goal of loosing 50kg. I am a 120kg 22 year old female Student and I have been trying to loose weight for 2 -3 years, but have not yet found a system and eating/exercise plan I can fit in with my lifestyle. As extra motivation amongst my loosing weight goal; I am trying to create an ebook on simple tips and information on how to loose weight healthily. I have created a free survey to gain feedback and I would be highly appreciated if you could participate- your time will not be wasted, a personal email to me after the survey will guarantee you a free copy of my ebook :mrgreen: If you are interested please click the following link and answer my less than 5 minute survey :D

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WNQF35G

Kind regards,

Rhianna

current: 121.5 kg
goal: 70 kg
51.5 kg to go!
"Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming." John R. Wooden

Starting weight: 123kg
Week 1: 123.8kg (+800g)
Week 2: 122.6kg (-1.2kg)
week 3: 121.3kg (-1.3kg)
Week 4: 121.6kg (+300g)
Goal weight: 70kg
Curent weight: 121.6kg!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5xo5LW/]
[/url]
rhianna88

Re: New to weight loss!

Postby Metalcharm » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:02 pm

Spam? Clever one if it is lol. But just in case ..

good luck! If you've been trying to to find something to fit in with your lifestyle and it's taking years then perhaps it's time to try and change your lifestyle to fit in with a health plan. :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby rhianna88 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:43 am

aw its not a spam! i was trying to sound so professional and attractive with my survey i created. Its honestly just a personal interest of me trying to create an ebook on as many tips and advice as i can about how to loose weight. Answering this survey can give me insight from people who are experiencing loosing weight- like me! I've always wanted to create an ebook on a subject that interest me the most and i thought what a good idea it would be to create one while im on the journey of loosing weight. It if was a true spam it would have been copy and pasted into every forum topic on here and thats just not me. :D So for those who did see my post and thought it was a spam its not, i would really love and appreciate some of your feedback on your journey to weight loss, what has worked for you, what hasn't, what information you already know that works etc... Heres a background story of why im here and why i am motivated and passionate about creating this weight loss ebook project for myself to share with everyone:

Im a 22 year old female student studying business at university. I have a twin sister. 3 years ago she was anorexic and then bullemic (don't worry she overcome that disease and is healthy again today as we speak) she was a size aus 6 and very skinny, frail and thin. She over exercised and only ate extremely healthy food (she wasn't total anorexic but her weight was classified as anorexic) being a twin sister it was bad enough i felt compared when she was a straight A student while i was struggling to get a C or B in maths and science...back then in my mind compared to her i thought i was fat and overweight and built up emotional anxiety factors in my head which led me to binge eat, ESPECIALLY during year 12...then the weight just slowly piled on but i still had this thought i was so fat (even though i was a very curvy beautiful woman who can fit into size 10 and 12!) and from then on the stress of a new job, having a car (lack of exercise from transport) studying full time at uni..weight just piled on and on. End of 2006 i was a size 76, for my height and all my BMI was still normal...4 years later i am 122 kg (i know i gained another 500 g this week, argh! lol) and while loosing weight is such a hard thing to do, i know that if i overcome the problems and negative thoughts in my head, love and appreciate myself then the weight will slowly come off. I have had a medical test last week, found out i am below average for cholestrol, no risk of diabetes (unless i stay the same weight or put more on) normal thyroid gland, great immune system, everything i was tested for i was fine, i now know its all in my head where my battle continues. So this is why i found a passion to create an ebook about loosing weight to give me a motivation and a hobby in the process and overall it would be such a great goal to accomplish. If you would love to help me write this ebook you can fill out my 5 question survey at this link http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WNQF35G sending me an email at the end of the survey, i will give you a copy of my finished ebook for free. I am trying to do this in the next 2 months before i go back to uni. Your feedback on this post and the survey if you wish would be much appreciate. Thankyou for reading my post :wink:

Kind regards,

Rhianna

Current weight: 121.5 kg
Goal weight: 70 kg
51.5 kg to go!
"Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming." John R. Wooden

[/url]
rhianna88

Postby CronicBadger » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:40 pm

Welcome Rhianna

It looks like you passed the test. :-D

There's a good reason for our skepticism of your original post.

Spammers are attracted to weight-loss forums such as this one like ants to a picnic. They appear on a regular basis and often pretend to be weight-losers for a few posts before dropping in links to the products they're marketing and then disappearing, never to return (except under a new name, perhaps). They're also sneaky and may not try to directly sell a product, but try to direct members to blog sites that advertise their products, or to harvest confirmed contact details of weight-losers. It's no wonder that genuine weight-loss members are sometimes suspicious of new arrivals whose first post is a direction to a website. Section 2 of the forum rules covers this.

Thanks for your explanation, and personal story. It's one many of us share. I took the time to participate in your survey and hopefully you'll find my somewhat wordy text will be of use.

Just a suggestion: tidy up the spelling in your survey and eBook or else you'll lose credibility. I noted a number of errors, such as the incorrect use of "loose" (""how do I lose weight", "the knot is loose") and "loosing" ( "losing weight" and "an archer loosing an arrow"), "anonymous" and several others. I'll let you find the rest.

Finally, your 122 Kgs is not impossible to overcome. There have been other members of this forum who have started at much higher weights and successfully lost all they needed to. If you gained 500 g in a week, then you can lose 500 g. Easy. And if you can keep that up for a year then you'll be well on your way to a healthier and better figure. There are lots of tips and articles here and in the forum's main website to get you started.

Enjoy the weight-loss ride.
CronicBadger

Postby Metalcharm » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:01 pm

Big apologies Rhianna! It really did come across as spam and I'm a little jaded from the multitude that appears, not just here, but all over the 'net.

Good luck on your journey. It must be tough being compared to someone like that but it's great that you know the areas where you have troubles and know how to overcome them.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby rhianna88 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:55 pm

Thanks guys!

Thanks CronicBadger; Yes i will definitely correct my spelling in the survey and ebook! Im on my dads new computer which is an imac and its VERY new to me; I have never used or own a mac before, and I just noticed the spelling and grammar help was not as simple as using a microsoft laptop, thank you for participating in my survey :)

Sorry about my first comment! I didn't know I looked like a spam. I should probably have introduced myself better but like I said...new to a forum and post ever! so I am still learning the rules and how to present myself through a post better. Thanks for your patience! and thank you for answering my survey :D

I know I can loose the 50 kg I need to, and Metalcharm like you recommended
Metalcharm wrote:time to try and change your lifestyle to fit in with a health plan.
I had spent the last 2 hours at work (shh) creating a food and exercise journal. I have dated each page starting from tomorrow the 13th of december, for the next 12 weeks! I hope I can commit myself in filling this journal each day. Honesty is key. :wink:

I look forward to speaking to each and everyone of you and hearing all stories and motivating posts. I think im starting to enjoy this forum, i feel more motivated already :D

Kind regards,

Rhianna

[/url]
rhianna88

Return to Introductions