It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:11 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi everyone!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi everyone!

Postby Sparky » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:57 pm

Hi, I am new here, and started a healthier alternative to life today!
I am 24 years old, and I have 2 children, both boys, aged 4 and 18 months. Before I fell pregnant with my first, I was 47kgs. (I am only 153cms tall)! I put on 30kgs, then went down to 60kgs after having him.
Now, 4 years later I am 66kgs. I am getting married in May next year and I want to lose some weight before then. Also, I am going to my home town for Christmas, so wouldnt mind having lost a few kilos by then.
If I wasnt so short with big boobs (LOL) I wouldnt be worried so much, but I kinda look a bit odd :lol:

Anyway, hope to get to know you all over time!

Bye for now...

Postby Dolly » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:11 pm

Hi Sparky, welcome to the forum, there's nothing quite like a wedding to give incentive in losing weight. :D

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:13 pm

hi sparky

best wishes with your weightloss journey and looking forward to seeing you emerge into the bride you have always dreamt of :) yay!

Postby Sparky » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:17 pm

Thanks, glad to be here, looks very educational since I know nothing of weight loss lol :lol:

Postby slimmindown » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:21 pm

Sparky ,sounds like you have lots to motivate you. with all the help and support you get on this forum you should have lots of success.

I know what its like to come from a small town , I'm looking forward to going out in my home town at the end of April, hoping to have lost a bit more by then and feel more comfortable as well 8)

good luck and congratulations on taking the first step :D
[no excuses, I can do it!

Postby Ally » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:31 am

Hi Sparky and a big warm welcome to you!! Congratulations on choosing to become healthier! Feel free to join in where you would like to. Have a good browse around the forum mate, we are all on different programs etc that may give you the advice you need on which way would be best for you to go!!

Congratulations on your wedding next are going to look gorgeous!! Here's to achieving your goals!! Cheers

Postby KimE » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:25 am

Hello Sparky and welcome to the forum.

Here are a couple of great info pages to get you started if you are uncertain how to go about this weightloss tips and weightloss articles.

You will find plenty of support here in the forum as well as challenges and daily dairies so feel free to jump in where you are comfortable.

Congratulations for your upcoming wedding. Get a plan together, focus and stay strong and you will get to your goal.

I wish you all the very best on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:45 pm

Welcome to the forums sparky . Hope to see u around the boards
Cheers Jules
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg