It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:11 am

Free Newsletter

Hello

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello

Postby Bxa » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:57 pm

Hi, I'm new here. I'm 18 years old, I weigh 119 kgs and I'm 172cm tall. I've been going on and off diets since I was 15 years old, but no matter how much weight I lose, I always end up going off my diet and putting on even more then I've lost. I plan to get down to 70 kgs.

I'm hoping that joining this forum will help me keep up the motivation to lose weight.
Bxa

Re: Hello

Postby Metalcharm » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:42 am

Welcome!
I look forward to seeing you around the place. :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby brendan » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:47 am

Welcome from me too

Make yourself a good plan of how you will get to 70kg and then stay focused, YOU CAN DO IT!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby dearne » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:16 pm

yours sounds similar to mine, so if i can start it you can too!

i remember at 18, i did always forget the whole party in moderation thing, yet i was broke so it meant when i partied there was limited eating for the rest of the week! and although i just got my license i still enjoyed taking public transport and walking to train stations, so unintentional exercise!

welcome
Dearne
dearne

Postby 2bhealthy » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:25 pm

Welcome to the boards :D

Try and think of it as a Lifestyle change rather than a diet. A "diet" has such a negative ring to it, where as "changing your life" has a more positive note. Focus on how these changes are making you feel with your emotions, energy levels and then watch the weight come off. Rather than focus on numbers. Number can get depressing.

I am using this method, and are finding it easier to stick too, rather than feeling like I am restricting my self, I now feel like I am helping myself. I have always been a YoYo Dieter, and always lost some weight then piled more back on :oops: , now I have changed my lifestyle so that I never have to YoYo again. I have only lost 5 kgs, but I am finding myself with WAY more energy.

Good Luck, We all have faith in you :D
Hope to see you around the boards and look forward to reading your progress :D
Like an onion I am just going to keep peeling off the layers

2bhealthy

Postby genr » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:05 pm

Hello!

I'm Gen. Came across this website last night...

Am slowly losing some weight - but I think I've hit a plateau?
Have lost 9 kgs, but nothing for the last month.

My motivation fluctuates from day to day and am hoping for some support through this website/forum...

I am making slow changes to my eating habits like having smaller portion sizes - but I need to lose another 20+ kgs for my health and self esteem...

I wish everyone a safe and happy festive season, and would love to hear back from others re weightloss.

Bye for now,

Gen
genr

Postby brendan » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:18 am

Welcome Gen

I must admit I've been pretty lucky so far - touch wood! Any plateaux that I have encountered rarely last more than a few days. I guess the difference is that I have a huge amount to lose and as I get closer to the goal weight I expect to have longer lasting plateaux.

All I can suggest is to review your meals/food types/exercise routines and see if you can figure out where you can tip the balance. There is always that dreaded 'starvation mode' that we try to avoid - so make sure you metabolism is still chugging along.

Good luck getting off that plateau and try not to get too disheartened by it.

Bren
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby genr » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:54 pm

Hi!
Gen here...
Thankyou for your feedback and encouragement.
Good luck with your weightloss.
- Gen

brendan wrote:Welcome Gen

I must admit I've been pretty lucky so far - touch wood! Any plateaux that I have encountered rarely last more than a few days. I guess the difference is that I have a huge amount to lose and as I get closer to the goal weight I expect to have longer lasting plateaux.

All I can suggest is to review your meals/food types/exercise routines and see if you can figure out where you can tip the balance. There is always that dreaded 'starvation mode' that we try to avoid - so make sure you metabolism is still chugging along.

Good luck getting off that plateau and try not to get too disheartened by it.

Bren
genr

Return to Introductions