It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:04 am

Free Newsletter

Time for change!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Time for change!

Postby aDzY8784 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:48 am

Hey everyone,

First of all, i just want to say what an amazing forum, with amazing people, iv always been looking at this forum, and a while ago i joined, but never made a post.

so this is my first post!

My name is adam, im a 26 year old university student, from melbourne, and im currently 141kg, iv always had issues with my weight, but this year has been the worse by far, putting on almost 20kg, and as my forum post title suggests, its time for change, and i feel if i use this forum, id feel more accountable for my actions.

iv always had trouble with my weight as a teen, but by the time i was 17 i was at point where i felt my fittest & happy with myself, but after 2 knee reco's (from being a catcher in baseball), i piled on the weight, to the point where i was 121 kgs, at the start of this year, and now a year later iv put on another 20kgs, and feeling like im backed into a corner.

At the start of this year i had a goal ( when i was 121kgs ), i wanted to lose 40kgs, i joined a gym, i got back into playing baseball, and i changed what i was eating, but this changed really quickly when i had my dad pass away from cancer, and my grandmother pass away.

so now, starting a new year, i need to lose 60kgs, my ideal weight of between 80 - 90kgs, id even be happy to be under 100kgs, the goal of being able to keep up with my mates at baseball. the goal of being able to walk into a store, try on some jeans, and to have them actually fit, the goal of feeling fit and healthy.

I understand you cant just lose weight, different things need to change, first being my attitude towards weight loss, i need to break habits, quit the emotional eating & drinking (bourbon), hopefully through this forum and reading experiences from other people, i can learn of ways to change.

I was reading a forum post about people putting other people down about their weight, and iv had various different experiences of this, weather it be my mates just joking around, or the group of guys in a car yelling at me, "someone call the biggest loser, because they are missing a contestent" and laughing at me, i found this most embaressing as i was out at a pub with my mates, with everyone watching, its given me the motivation to lose weight.

Im taking the approach of this being a lifestyle change, and not a diet as i feel diets can be destructive, iv bought the tredmill & exercise bike, also got some boxing gear, renewed my gym membership for another year, and im going to start my Boxing PT sessions in the new year, im still playing baseball.

so here i am, reading this forum, and now im planning my goals, getting organised with what needs to be done, looking for good food recipes, its great to see so many people reach their weight goals, and hopefully some time soon i can be another person on this forum who can say "yes, i reached my goals".

Adam
aDzY8784

Re: Time for change!

Postby CronicBadger » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:13 pm

Hi Adam

Use the forum and associated website to get educated about nutrition and weightloss and to stay focused on your goals. I recommend keeping a food diary, too.

Losing weight is a lot more than dieting, as you've intimated. It requires a person to change those aspect of himself (emotional maturity, habits, learned responses to stimuli, etc) that got them in that position of poor health and lifestyle in the first place.

The simple fact is that if you do the right things and keep on doing them over time, you will improve.
CronicBadger

Re: Time for change!

Postby MissWard » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:22 pm

Hey Adam

Firstly, I would like to say sorry about your lose. That must have been horrible to go through something like that.

Secondly, I would love to support and motivate you how ever I can. Your goals and mine your that different. I would be happy around the 80kg mark. To be able to go into stores and try on clothing that actually fit. And to be fit and healthy.

As for SOME recipes i can help you out with that. I can give you some of my clean eating recipes if you want. 

Good luck with your journey. If we don’t speak again.

Cheers
Plump Girl Shrinks Blog - Miss Ward
SW: 120kgs (20 Dec 2012)
GW: 75-80kgs
Time Frame: 20 weeks (9 May 2013)
MissWard

Return to Introductions