It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:41 am

Free Newsletter

Hello New Friends!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello New Friends!

Postby 2dayzmyDay » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:42 am

Well as you can all tell I am new here, and have been lurking around sussing things out for a couple of days. I think is a brilliant site and have seen how many supportive and amazing people hang out here so I decided to bite the bullet so to speak and introduce myself.

So here I am. I am Reena, I'm 25 (turning 26 on the 31st of January) and with a few days remaining of the year my husband Troy and I have made the decision to change our lives and future forever. We have both had enough of being grossly overweight, we want to be healthy, happy and in charge of our own lives.

So a bit of history on us:
Troy is 23, he works in Security so his hours are all over the place which means that he is out alot for meals and often has to get things on the run. He lives on coke and energy drinks to keep him awake over his 14 hour nightshifts, and generally only ever has one meal. The only exercise he really gets is occassionally walking the dog. Troy is really self-concious and low on self esteem. He has always been overweight and has tried almost everything, when he was still living at home with his parents he went to a dietician and the whole family went on a weightloss mission, they all lost kilos and he was the only one to gain weight (and the only one who didn't cheat). I'm not sure of his actual weight, and we dont have the scales to weigh but he is currently wearing a 6 or 7XL shirt.

And then theres me. Nearly 26, I work as a Team Leader for a Disability Employment Service - so my job is mainly sit down so during the day I'm not too active. I don't eat breakfast and grab something easy for lunch, usually a Subway Wrap. I don't drink lots of soft drink, I am a water baby! I have an underactive thyroid but I am so sick of blaming my weight on that, I am sure that there is a way of dealing with thyroid and loosing weight - I have had it since I was 10 or 11. This past year I was also diagnoised with Polycystic Ovaries, I am not sure what that really means yet, or how it will affect me. But what I do know is that no more excuses! I am currently wearing a size 26.

So thats us, we got married in March 2009, and are making a life with each other so our next goal is to loose weight, get fit, start a family and become a better version of ourselves. I look forward to sharing our journey with you all, hearing yours and gaining inspiration, ideas, advice and support!

Thanks & Peace!
Reena xx

Re: Hello New Friends!

Postby brendan » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:16 am

Hi & Welcome Reena

You and husband have a big battle ahead, but I'm sure with mutual support, and the support you will get here, you will get there in time.
Look forward to seeing the battle plan.

By the way I was wearing 7XL shirts - now 5 or 6XL.

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic

Re: Hello New Friends!

Postby Metalcharm » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:52 am

Hi Reena and Troy - great to see you here. :D
It's going to be a big job but if you don't start now then it's only going to get to be a bigger job.
It's great that you have each other to keep yourselves strong and to stay on the right path.

set up a account over at and you can track your food on there - it's great for keeping accountable for what you're eating.

Return to Introductions