It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:05 am

Free Newsletter

Hi!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi!

Postby Cindylee » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:49 pm

My name is Cindy and i'm 28.

Last time i weighed myself i was just under 138kgs and i really want this to be the year i lose it!

I started gaining weight in my late teens, thanks to PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) i guess. I was very active playing 3 sports year round and i really miss that. Getting back into basketball would probably be one of my goals actually. Anyway i continued to gain weight and the depression that came along with it, Drs had told me that the pcos was contributing to the weight gain and that the pcos would also make it harder to lose weight. I just felt like there was no point trying if that was the case! I have over the past few years overcome feeling bad about my body and recent births (not mine!) and deaths in the family have made me realise how much i wanna stick around! I have a gorgeous 1 yr old sister and i wanna be around to see her grow up!

A year or so ago i tried the liver cleansing diet with my sister, it goes for 8 weeks and within the first 4 weeks i had lost 10 kgs and lost another 5 by the end. This was with me not doing half as much excersice as i planned so i guess i could have lost a bit more. I did however put it back on maybe 4 months after when conveniece took over and take aways became the norm for a while. So i am planning on trying this again with maybe a few tweaks. Also walking most nights and actually using the excersice bike i bought months ago.

My major downfall is coke. I drink way too much of it and way to often. I do not really eat much during the day, i do need to start eating breakfast regularly i guess. I wouldn't even say i eat too much, just the wrong kind of foods and junk after dinner doesn't help. I seem to crave something sweet at night and often thats when the coke and chocolate comes into play.

It will be nice to have people to talk to and help keep me motivated and on the right track, i'm pretty clueless when it comes to things like calories and what sort of excersice i should be doing (does dancing around like a nutter count?)

So yeah i'd love to get down to at 70kgs eventually and thanks to anyone who read all this, felt good to write it.
Cindylee

Re: Hi!

Postby genr » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:15 pm

Hi there!

I'm Gen...

Welcome to the forum!

Best wishes for achieving you weightloss goals in 2011.

You can do it!

There are many people who use this forum who have heaps of wisdom / advice re: healthy eating and exercise etc.

Good on you for sharing your weightloss history.

Keep in touch!

- Gen
genr

Postby shawn5 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:50 pm

Hi everyone,..
I am student from usa and also very new in the body building and health society,..
welcome all here in this site,..
thanks,..
Last edited by CronicBadger on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed spammy sig
shawn5

Postby melissa3 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:28 am

Hey everybody,
I'm also new on this forum. It's nice to be here.
I hope to have a great time here, meat interesting people and learn something :)
Last edited by CronicBadger on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed spam in sig. Please don't use your sig to advertise commercial websites.
melissa3

Postby ada123 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:57 pm

Welcome to you all.. on this forum site.. this is really very great to meet you all here on this site.. A Warm Welcome to you all, from yours all Ada..
ada123

Return to Introductions