It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:03 am

Free Newsletter

Bad Girl, Gone Good - HAD ENOUGH

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Bad Girl, Gone Good - HAD ENOUGH

Postby bad girl, gone good » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:09 am

Hello,

My name is Amy and at the time of this posting I am 23 years old and currently weigh 105 kilograms. :(

I have had trouble with my weight since I was around 11 I think. :?: However it wasn’t until I was 16 that I was diagnosed with Poly-Cystic Ovarian Syndrome, which has the side effect of making my thyroid either Under-Active or Over-Active. Mine was under-active and I produce too much testosterone in my body as well, which doesn’t help either. :evil:

Since that time I have tried many different diets. :x The blood group diet, Jenny Craig, Tony Ferguson, Weight Watchers, Lean Cuisine, Gym Diets (where the diet is monitored by the gym), Censored (works but expensive) and Kate Morgan.

Kate Morgan is the program I am on now. :) I have a shake for breakfast and lunch and a healthy dinner. With fruit for snacks in the morning and afternoon. I am enjoying this program more than the others because I don’t get lectures, and they don’t tell you that it won’t take long. They tell you that everyone is different and that everyone moves and loses weight at their own pace.

I have several goals to reach. The biggest one is to get my weight down to around 75 to 80 kilos so I can achieve my dream of joining the Royal Australian Navy. I will be the 3rd generation in my family to do so when (not if) I succeed. I hope to get the weight off by September at the latest. (Gulp!) :?

So I have 25 kilos to lose in a little over 8 months. :shock: Works out to be around 3 kilos per month. Hmmm… We’ll see how I go. To help me on the way to this goal, I have signed up with the ladies only gym, Fernwood. It is great for me because no one looks at me funny, everyone is nice and friendly. And you have full access to all the cardio and weight equipment as well as all the classes on offer. I particularly like the Zumba class. :D GREAT FUN! :lol: They also have showers in the changing room, which makes me feel even better since I hate getting into the car all sweaty. YUCK! :?

I am trying to go at least 5 days per week, taking a class each day as well. Monday is cardio day with a Body Step class after. Tuesday is weights day with TTT class (Tummies, Tails and Thighs) in the morning with Zumba in the afternoon. Wednesday is cardio again with Body Combat class. Thursday is weights with Body Attack class. Friday is cardio with Body Pump class and Zumba class. Saturday (if I am up to it after Fridays Pump class) is X-Trainer class only. A lot isn’t it? :)

I have to be really fit to make it through basic training in the R.A.N. I need to be able to do 4 push-ups, 10 sit-ups and run 2.4km in less than 13 minutes. Hopefully, that won’t be an issue by September (fingers crossed). So there you go, my fitness schedule in black and white.

I still live at home because I am unemployed and on centrelink benefits. I’ve been looking for work for over a year. I don’t mind looking for work; I just wish something would come of it. This is why I spend so much time at the gym. Keeps me occupied, and the more I sweat the better I feel for some reason. I think that’s because I feel like I am actually doing something good for myself. :D

I am going to add my “Before” photo to the appropriate section, I’ll admit I look like a bit blob around the middle and my posture isn’t the best either. L Sucks to be me at the moment. I have this same photo pinned to my notice board in my room. It is the first thing I see in the morning and last thing I see before I go to bed at night. I am hoping that will urge me to be good. Very good. I am also going to stick it to the fridge as well, to keep me from temptation. :|

When I get halfway to my goal I will add a second photo and I hope to see a big difference, especially to my bust. I hope to God it shrinks!

Well, I am off. Thanks for reading my blog.

TTFN! Ta Ta For Now! Bad Girl, Gone Good
TTFN! Ta Ta For Now! Bad Girl.... GONE GOOD!!!

Start Date: January 2, 2011
bad girl, gone good

Re: Bad Girl, Gone Good - HAD ENOUGH

Postby JP1 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:09 am

hey joining the Navy at the end is great incentive, I see you have joined the 12 week challenge and thats great - hopefully you'll get off to a flyer and be well down the road to losing what you need to by Easter..

Good luck..
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby HRH » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:48 pm

Hey,

I have only just joined too. I have PCOS as well so I know exactly how hard it is coping with all the symptoms including weight gain from insulin resistance. I am about to turn twenty in march and am aiming to lose at least 15kg this year. The best advice I can give you is to go and get Jenny Brand Miller's books about low GI dieting and how it benefits PCOS, the best one is 'The Low GI Guide to Managing PCOS' , however there is a book written with a 12 week meal plans (and exercise guides) and another book that explains exactly what low GI eating is and how it can benefit people from all walks of life, each are around 25-30 dollars but really worth it. From my own experience this has been the best, non torturous way to maintain long term weight loss.

Goodluck with all the exercising, as a suggestion similar to your picture of yourself to try and motivate you, make a poster with pictures of what you want your future to be life. Cut out things from magazines eg, pictures of women of a healthy weight, pictures of being in the navy/ships and write up simple, realistic goals. Put it in your room because it will remind you of all the good that will come of being fit and healthy and keep you optomistic.

Hopefully that helps, stay optomistic and stick to reaching your goals =)
HRH

Postby bad girl, gone good » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:18 am

HRH wrote:The best advice I can give you is to go and get Jenny Brand Miller's books about low GI dieting and how it benefits PCOS, the best one is 'The Low GI Guide to Managing PCOS' , however there is a book written with a 12 week meal plans (and exercise guides) and another book that explains exactly what low GI eating is and how it can benefit people from all walks of life, each are around 25-30 dollars but really worth it. From my own experience this has been the best, non torturous way to maintain long term weight loss.

Goodluck with all the exercising, as a suggestion similar to your picture of yourself to try and motivate you, make a poster with pictures of what you want your future to be life. Cut out things from magazines eg, pictures of women of a healthy weight, pictures of being in the navy/ships and write up simple, realistic goals. Put it in your room because it will remind you of all the good that will come of being fit and healthy and keep you optomistic.

Thanks HRH,

I haven't read the book, but I have the shoppers guide for it. I am currently having shakes for breaky and lunch because it works out cheaper for my parents than buying separate groceries just for me and then groceries for the rest of the family. There are six of us at home, 7 if you include the pooch. It's less complicated for me too, and less chance of me being naughty.

But the pictures. Jesus, I'd never thought about putting pictures of the navy up. Just of me as a blob. I should do it I think. Can't photo shop worth a damn, but I'll give it ago.

Cheers.
TTFN! Ta Ta For Now! Bad Girl.... GONE GOOD!!!

Start Date: January 2, 2011
bad girl, gone good

Return to Introductions