It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:56 pm

Free Newsletter

Hello Everyone

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello Everyone

Postby bettenoir » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:06 am

Hello,

Just joined the forums today, and look forward to getting to know everyone!

Bit about me - I'm from Canberra and I'm 23, 161cm (5'3") and currently 91kg. I have been overweight ever since I joined the public service five years ago - sitting on your bum for 8 hours a day can't be good for anyone! Anyway, I have been a steady 90 or so kgs ever since but over the Christmas holidays I finally went over into 91kgs... and thought, screw this I've had enough of being so overweight for my height lol

I have a really high self esteem and a lot of confidence so I think I'm doing this to live my life in more balance. I'm an aspiring pastry chef and I don't think I should pursue a career in that field whilst carrying so much extra weight around - seems a bit like a stereotype too... the chubby pastry chef...lol I've been known to eat a cupcake or two for breakfast, so for me this is learning how to balance my food/goals/life properly and hopefully when I eventually go to culinary school I'll be fit and healthy (it'll be like starting from scratch).

So, as soon as next payday comes around I'll be starting Lite n Easy and attempting to use my treadmill and maybe even go outside for a walk in the fresh air once in a while. I absolutely detest exercise but I'm exploring more fun looking things to get into... maybe something like Zumba!

Anyway, I'd love to chat to anyone else doing Lite n Easy, I've heard some pretty good things about it!

Cheers
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
bettenoir

Re: Hello Everyone

Postby JP1 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:12 am

good luck and perhaps join in on the 12 week challenge starting Monday, usually some inspirational participants that move a lot of weight..
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby bookworm » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:05 pm

Hi,

I'm doing Lite n Easy too (currently on 2nd week).. Lost 1kg the first the week - still drinking Sprite though (although not as much as before)... so as soon as I can stop that I think I will lose more... small steps though!

Good luck, and hope to chat soon!
xxx Cherrie xxx

SW: 125.9kg (07/01/11)
CW: 124.9kg
1st goal: 120 kg (7/2/11)
2nd goal: 110kg (7/4/11)
3rd goal: 100kg (7/6/11)
GW: 85kg (31/8/11)
bookworm

Postby pebs85 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:33 pm

Hi guys...

I just joined upon reading your posts. I just started Lite and Easy this week as well! 1200 cals plan...
Im at the end of day 3 today... i havent weighed myself as yet, but when i look in hte mirror i still see stuff i dont want to... so im a bit scared to do it.

Im about 80ks right now... but a few weeks ago i was 84... i seem to fluxuate between 78-84... that can happen in a few days... so now i want to get bak to my correct weight of between 68-72... i always hated myself there, but i think i could love being htere again... i have learnt alot over the last few months... including the fact that i have a great life and i have nothing to be depressed about.. so i am currently coming off my meds for depression at the moment too.... Big changes for me!

Plus im trying to get the love of my life bak... oh yeh... im 25 too...

I think i can accomplish alot this year.. and im certainly aiming to do all of these things!!

nice to meet u guys
pebs85

Postby pebs85 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:59 pm

ok... welll if nobody else wants to comment... i will!!

I am so hungry! I only get hungry at night... but i think it has alot to do with my past habbits of binging at night...
im doing so well tho.... iv done 7 days... and i carried a packet of smarties in my pocket almost that whole time and i didnt even touch one.... i didnt cheat once! apart from the odd meal i counldnt finish... (roast lamb... gross!) or start (vanilla pears with orange sauce)...

is there any particular meal that you loved the most??

i love the chicken nachos... i also thought the honey soy chicken was delicious!

i used to have the best sweet tooth ever... like i could literally sit there and eat an entire family sized home made caramel tart! but not having anything sweet is making me crave more salty foods....

is that happening to anybody else?

Is anybody else even on lite n easy anymore??
or is it just a phase of hte past....
pebs85

Return to Introductions