my weight gain story...
I was an average sized child, nothing note worthy, but with a terrible eating pattern from as far back as i can remember. I would always eat healthy foods, sitting perfectly straight, small bites and chew at least 10 times per mouthful. I would refuse salt, fats or sugars and only eat a small portion of the meal.
But that was only when i was in public...
The very minute i was at home with my family, or even worse when i was alone, I would head straight for the fats, salts and sugars and eat more then my fill. I'd slouch, barely chew and basically i'd eat so much that i felt sick and would need to lay down. Once i felt well enough to get off the bed... i'd go straight to the fridge or the cupboard and do it again.
I had the same issue with exercising... only backwards. As soon as i hit puberty (11yrs old) i refused to exercise infront of people. No more attending gymnastics, ballet or swimming. No more joining in with sports at school or even with friends. I would only exercise at home if i was alone. I would happily shoot hoops in the backyard at night for hours so long as no body saw me.
I am yet to uncover WHY i had these social issues that impact on my diet and exercise, and worse.. i don't know why i still have the same pattern and issues?
Over the years the weight has pilled on.
Once i left home i was always living with flatmates, boyfriends and now my husband. I still can't bring myself to exercise infront of other people, other then walking. And i still eat well infront of others, and REALLY badly when no one is looking. When my husband is at work, or when i go to town on my own i'll eat rubbish food in the car and hide the wrappers.
I am now 30yrs old, a stay at home mum to two beautiful young children and its time for me to wake up and smell the gym socks!
I'm 118kg and ideally i'd like to:
- overcome my food/exercise issues
- learn and develop healthy habits
- gain some social confidence
- be under 100kg
to do this i plan to:
- be HONEST with other people for the first time in my life. This is where you forum people come in! i am going to be completely and utterly honest about my feelings (re food, exercise, weight) and therefore hopefully gain the ability to be honest with myself, my husband, friends,.... the world (aaahhh the big dream
- be accountable with HONEST weigh ins
- follow a diabetic diet (i am not diabetic, but i think its a healthy option for learning healthy cooking, portions etc)
- exercise daily, even if its just 5 mins of stretching. I currently have ZERO fitness so must start small.
Wow... i've never been so open before! Scary.. yet... revitalising all at the same time!
I look forward to getting to know our forum buds and supporting eachother as we all go from strength to strength!