It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:27 am

Free Newsletter

new and need a buddy!!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

new and need a buddy!!

Postby mosie » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:31 pm

hey guys im new to this and i need and WANT to lose weight and i need a buddy who can help me by asking me all the time how im going to i can answer to someone if i havent gone so well!!
i want a female in early 20s cos this is me also hehe
mosie

Re: new and need a buddy!!

Postby carla88 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:09 pm

Hi Mosie!
I have just stumbled across this sight tonight and found your post..
I am also new to the site, im 22 and Im working towards increasing my fitness, improving my eating habits and losing 10kg. I live in Brisbane, and I have just signed up to the 12 week challenge that is going on on this forum... hopefully this will help me to keep on track when Im craving Junk food, or feeling out of energy! Anyways, I would love to have a buddy to reach my goals with too :)
So what are your goals and how you plan to achieve them?
carla88

Postby Trajac » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:57 am

If you want another buddy I'll raise my hand. Although I am not early 20's I refuse to turn older than 23 lol (denial is an awesome thing). :lol:
Trajac

Postby mummytotwo » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:07 am

Hi i'm new to both forums and weight loss!

I've never used or posed on a forum before (ooooh! so excting!) and i've never really done anything about losing weight.

I'm 30yrs old and 118kg. Its time to do something about this body and mind of mine.. hoping to give, and find support and encouragement... and accountability tee hee
mummytotwo

Postby carla88 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:14 pm

Hi Buddies (heehee)
I think we should start by setting out what our goals are, and how we are going to achieve them.
Its one thing to have a goal in mind... but once its written down I think it becomes more attainable, as the benchmark cant shift and there are other people who are aware of your goals and willing to support you and share the journey.

So I guess I will start...

A little about me[/b]
I have always been a tad overweight, not obese, but just in the above aveage group. I used to work at a job where I was only getting approx 6 hours sleep a night and I was always exhausted, so I found it very hard to stick to a routine (and stay away from energy drinks! :mrgreen: ).
About 6 months ago I started a new job (which i am loving...) and I decided I would change my lifestyle too. I started going to the gyms before work as I was used to getting up early anyway, but after having afew days off and learning how good 8 hours sleep is... the morning gym commitment died :roll: I have always enjoyed going to the gym, but once I start to see results I slack off and give in to cravings, then stop going.. its just a stupid vicious cycle that I have found myself in time and time again.
But now... Instead of going to the gym in the morning, my boss has agreed that I can start work early and have an extended lunch break, which gives me an hour to attend a class at the gym. :D

SO, my goals; 8)
1) To adopt a healthier diet which I can stick to long term (no more fad diets.. they are not good for maintaining weight loss). So more salads, fruit and veg.. less chocolate, chips and burgers.
2) To increase my fitness. I have always loved group exercise classes at the gym, and I have often thought about becoming a Les Mills instructor... So this is the year! By the middle/ end of this year I want to be fit and confident so that I can help other people to enjoy classes and lose weight too.
3) Lose weight. I really just have an ideal figure that I would like to achieve.. but in order to achieve that I think I will need to lose approx 8kg.

How I will achieve my goals; :idea:
1) Preparing meals in advance and removing tempting foods from the house, although I think I will allow myself a treat once a week. 1) Gym classes- 5 days a week
2) Walking my dog- 5 days a week
3) Attend Gym classes - 5 days a week
4) Keep track of my progress through this forum!

Please keep this thread going guys, I think its a great idea to share this journey with other people who are committed to a similar goal :)

carla88

Postby Trajac » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:18 am

A little about me....

My weight story starts back when I was in primary school, I used to hate the lunches my Mum packed and would much prefer to play than eat - so that is what I would do, the lunch would go in the bin and I'd be off to the playground each lunch hour. My mother obviously discovered that I was throwing out perfectly good food and so refused to make my lunch again, if I wanted lunch I was to make it myself. I don't remember ever making my lunch (perhaps I did, perhaps I didn't) but if I did I pretty soon cut out making my own lunch and only ate breakfast and dinner.

I hit highschool and for some reason I starting skipping breakfast too (maybe more exciting things to do instead)? Which left me eating just one big meal a day. I grew up left home and still stuck with my one meal a day only. I fell pregnant and was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes (I am an everything by the book type person). Having the diabetes meant I now had to eat 5 small meals a day instead of just the one. It wasn't that I ate more than I was meant to I ate exactly what the dietician told me to but I ballooned out big time (gained over 45kgs in 9 months). I lost all that weight within a year (however I didn't do it a healthy way, I was going to the gym twice a day and only eating the minimum amount of food. Fell pregnant again and of course same thing happened - I developed gestational diabetes and ballooned again :( This time I swore I wanted to lose weight the healthy way and by actually eating like a normal person (breakfast, lunch and dinner). It's now 4 years later and yes I have lost some of the weight I still have a fair bit to go as I keep slipping up by not losing the weight a healthy way (ie doing detox's) so have lost and then gained the same 12 kgs over and over and over again for 4 years. (I was totally addicted to detox's after having my first baby).

My goals.......
1) To eat like a normal person, ie 3 meals a day (and snacks)
2) To tone up - toned looks much better than an untoned skinny
3) Lose weight (of course) but by doing it in a healthy way.

How I will achieve my goals....
1) Tracking my food on Calorie King and ensuring my calories are split throughout the day rather than once a day.
2) Exercise
3) Getting support online :)

(Hope I don't sound like too much of a weirdo).
Trajac

Postby mummytotwo » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:43 am

my weight gain story...

I was an average sized child, nothing note worthy, but with a terrible eating pattern from as far back as i can remember. I would always eat healthy foods, sitting perfectly straight, small bites and chew at least 10 times per mouthful. I would refuse salt, fats or sugars and only eat a small portion of the meal.
But that was only when i was in public...

The very minute i was at home with my family, or even worse when i was alone, I would head straight for the fats, salts and sugars and eat more then my fill. I'd slouch, barely chew and basically i'd eat so much that i felt sick and would need to lay down. Once i felt well enough to get off the bed... i'd go straight to the fridge or the cupboard and do it again.

I had the same issue with exercising... only backwards. As soon as i hit puberty (11yrs old) i refused to exercise infront of people. No more attending gymnastics, ballet or swimming. No more joining in with sports at school or even with friends. I would only exercise at home if i was alone. I would happily shoot hoops in the backyard at night for hours so long as no body saw me.

I am yet to uncover WHY i had these social issues that impact on my diet and exercise, and worse.. i don't know why i still have the same pattern and issues?
Over the years the weight has pilled on.

Once i left home i was always living with flatmates, boyfriends and now my husband. I still can't bring myself to exercise infront of other people, other then walking. And i still eat well infront of others, and REALLY badly when no one is looking. When my husband is at work, or when i go to town on my own i'll eat rubbish food in the car and hide the wrappers.

I am now 30yrs old, a stay at home mum to two beautiful young children and its time for me to wake up and smell the gym socks!

I'm 118kg and ideally i'd like to:
- overcome my food/exercise issues
- learn and develop healthy habits
- gain some social confidence
- be under 100kg

to do this i plan to:
- be HONEST with other people for the first time in my life. This is where you forum people come in! i am going to be completely and utterly honest about my feelings (re food, exercise, weight) and therefore hopefully gain the ability to be honest with myself, my husband, friends,.... the world (aaahhh the big dream :) )
- be accountable with HONEST weigh ins
- follow a diabetic diet (i am not diabetic, but i think its a healthy option for learning healthy cooking, portions etc)
- exercise daily, even if its just 5 mins of stretching. I currently have ZERO fitness so must start small.

Wow... i've never been so open before! Scary.. yet... revitalising all at the same time!

I look forward to getting to know our forum buds and supporting eachother as we all go from strength to strength! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wlPAPGI/]
[/url]

BW Jan 2011: 118kg
GW after 12 week challenge:108kg

Week one: gained 0.4kg
Week two: lost 0.6kg
Week three: back to original weight
mummytotwo

Postby Trajac » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:13 pm

It's great to hear everyone's background story so far :) I look forward to checking into this thread more :)
Trajac

Postby Trajac » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:35 pm

Wow I sure know how to kill a thread don't I :oops:
Trajac

Postby mummytotwo » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:16 am

haha no Trajac you didn't kill the thread!! i have been GAINING instead of LOSING and wasn't keen on sharing my "success" :(

I did my usual trick... start a diet, loose a teeny tiny bit, then go crazy with celebrating my teeny loss by rebelling against all the healthy ideas and eating as much junk as i can lay my hands on... not good!

But today is a new day, so it's time for a new plan!
Today i will cut out ALL junk food!!! I will snack on HEALTHY options and i will either eat healthy meals or if i'm too lazy to cook i'll have a diet shake instead.

Wish me luck world!! :D
[/url]

mummytotwo

Postby Trajac » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:23 am

mummytotwo wrote:haha no Trajac you didn't kill the thread!! i have been GAINING instead of LOSING and wasn't keen on sharing my "success" :(

I did my usual trick... start a diet, loose a teeny tiny bit, then go crazy with celebrating my teeny loss by rebelling against all the healthy ideas and eating as much junk as i can lay my hands on... not good!

But today is a new day, so it's time for a new plan!
Today i will cut out ALL junk food!!! I will snack on HEALTHY options and i will either eat healthy meals or if i'm too lazy to cook i'll have a diet shake instead.

Wish me luck world!! :D

I think I gained like 2kgs from yesterday :lol: I ate far too much crap and drank too much too, oops! Your doing well though, so you fell off the wagon - at least you realised and have jumped back up brushed yourself off and your starting again :)

Do you have a diet plan organised today? That may make it easier to avoid unhealthy food.

This year I made it a resolution to go to the gym 5 days a week and well today is the first day I have to really give myself a kick in the behind to go as I can't go on my usual times I have been going at during the school holidays as 1. school holidays are now over and 2. my daughters skating lesson is on at the same time, which means I have to somehow find the motivation to go this afternoon/evening eek!
Trajac

Postby mummytotwo » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:52 pm

is a diet plan like writing yourself a menu for the day/week? I've never done anything like that before...

Going to the gym 5 days a week sounds challenging, do you have back up exercise that you can do if the gym is closed/unappealing/too much hassle?

At least the afternoons and evenings are cool weather-wise so any sweat you have, you've EARNED :D

I handed my husband a pack of biscuits today, and made myself a diet shake. That took a lot of effort but i'm so glad i did! it's nice to have a full belly WITHOUT the guilt trip! :P
[/url]

mummytotwo

Postby Trajac » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:04 am

mummytotwo wrote:is a diet plan like writing yourself a menu for the day/week? I've never done anything like that before...

Going to the gym 5 days a week sounds challenging, do you have back up exercise that you can do if the gym is closed/unappealing/too much hassle?

At least the afternoons and evenings are cool weather-wise so any sweat you have, you've EARNED :D

I handed my husband a pack of biscuits today, and made myself a diet shake. That took a lot of effort but i'm so glad i did! it's nice to have a full belly WITHOUT the guilt trip! :P

Yeah a diet plan is where you organise what you are going to eat for the day or week and try and stick to it :)

I was lazy yesterday and didn't end up getting to the gym, well it wasn't like I was really really lazy and just sat on my couch watching tv, had to go buy DD's some new ballet and tap shoes (wow that's a mission in itself, her foot is just sooo little we had to go to a few places before finding a place that had a pair remotely her size (she'll grow into them lol hopefully).

A back up plan is something I should think about in case the gym is shut etc, but at the moment no I don't have a back up. I am off to the gym today though (this morning) :)
Trajac

Postby mummytotwo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:18 pm

i like the idea of a diet plan! I am planning to start next week on a food diary where i record what i eat... having a plan in the book will be a very helpful start!

how was the gym this morning? did it leave you feeling fantastic?

I did some stretches this morning and it left me sore and tired lol it seems daily exercise leaves your muscles with a whole lot of education!! :lol:

My poor muscles thought they were just here for a holiday i think!

finding the right size ANYTHING is tricky. Whether you're a ballerina looking for little shoes, or your a super plus size woman looking for something comfortable that DOESN'T resemble a blanket, tent or maternity outfit. :lol:
[/url]

mummytotwo

Return to Introductions