It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:50 pm

Free Newsletter

standard new member intro....

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

standard new member intro....

Postby TiSK » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:52 pm

Greetings to you all

Im TiSK. Im 24. Im a girl. Im fat! lol

Had a weight problem for awhile now. Main contributing issues would include working full-time shift work, studying part-time, getting limited sleep, getting no exercise (apart from my job which is pretty physically demanding) and a husband who likes takeaway.

I have started having meals delivered. Kinda like Lite & Easy but a different smaller company who offers 100% vegetarian thank you very much! Its a 1200cal a day program which is great. My recommended calorie intake for my age, weight, height etc is 2000 which I think is abit excessive but im going to work on about 1500 cals a day to start with so that leaves me 300cals a day to play with along with this meal plan to include things like tea & coffee, extra vegetables, salads & other low GI healthy options to accompany my meals if I get really hungry or have been working hard ( I work 12hr shifts which is pretty energy demanding!) On my days off when im just at home relaxing or studying I will stick with the 1200cals. Oh & lots more water!

Im just going to ease into the exercise thing slowly. Like I said, I work a very busy job on my feet all day so its not like I have an office job & am inactive. I already walk my dogs everyday for an hour aswell. I have joined a local 24/7 gym aswell but for now I would like to focus on my diet as this is the main culprit for my weight gain before increasing my exercise.

I have 40kg to lose. My husband & I would love to go to Bali or another tropical island holiday in September so id like to be about halfway by then. Thats a weightloss of 600grams a week which I think is very reasonable as im aiming for 500grams-1kg per week and expect some weeks to be better then others.

TiSK

Looking forward to meeting you all and sharing this journey!
its only after we have lost everything, that we are free to do anything
TiSK

Re: standard new member intro....

Postby Eddie » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:33 am

Welcome, TiSK, good luck with your weight loss journey, and let's hope you and your husband are making a real journey to Bali come September.

Eddie
Eddie

Return to Introductions