It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:21 am

Free Newsletter

Introducing ME

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Introducing ME

Postby GinaG » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:16 am

Hi everybody

I'm very new to this site & am happy to see how supportive everybody seems to be :D I've visited other sites and whilst they are informative they tend to be more men/body pumping orientated...

A bit about me... My name is Gina & I've just reaching my late 20's - my metabolism has taken a major plunge these past 2 years. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE junk food!!! I must of always had a pretty good metabolism because I used to be ok (eat plenty of junk & not gain) but now... I've put on 9 kilos in the past year. And even though I try to be fairly healthy during the week the weekends for me are a killer.

I joined Fernwood a few months ago... exercising doesnt' come naturally for me but I'm doing my best. Unfortunately, I don't see any results from my working out :cry: but the lady at the gym said I need to change my diet to see results so here I am...

At the moment I'm craving a mars bar so I'm trying to be strong and hopefully joining this forum will help me...
Gina
GinaG

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:30 am

Hi gina

welcome to the group, whereabouts in syd are you?

you have come to the right place for support and motivation. well done for doing your best at the gym :) thats all anyone can ask! keep it up and just combine some healthy changes to your diet.

for example:
instead of soft drink- drink water
instead of white bread, pastas- have wholemeal varieties
instead of maccas- have subway

etc etc. it will suprise you how those small changes and others can make a difference. i know what its like to crave certain foods, but keep a bottle of water with you and drink ti when you think about food!

you can get there to your goal, just perservere and dont give up!!! nice to have you on board :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:56 am

Hey Gina Image to the forum
Kate has given you some excellent advice there, just remember it can take 6 weeks to break our old bad habits, so stick with it and remember we are here to support you when ever you need it!! I wish you all the best on your weight loss journey!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby GinaG » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:05 am

Thanks Ally & Kate :D I'm based in Parramatta... I'm still craving that mars bar but I've made myself a mug of dirt tasting green tea...

I've read that a scoop of low fat ice cream is ok for dessert. What do you's think :?: I did really well yesterday but still had a couple of low fat biccies with a cup of tea after my dinner. Does anybody have some good ideas for desserts besides plain fruit?
Gina
GinaG

Postby hushpuppy » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:17 am

Welcome to the forums Gina hope to see you around the forums
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:36 am

yoghurts are good gina. also i dont buy the low fat ice crema but some people here do. i buy the carb smart ice cream and have scoop or two of that every so often. i make sure i dont have any though unless i have drank my 2litres of water for that day.

you can get some low fat pudding things in the freezer section at the supermarket too. have a wander around there and see what you can find.

my nan lives at westmead :) and i grew up in mt druitt - but dont hold it against me ;)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:09 pm

Hello Gina and welcome to the forum.

Lovely to have you aboard and don't forget to check out the home page for more information and tips on weightloss and eating healthier.

Well done for joining the gym that is a great start. They're right though you may want to look at your nutrition if you aren't seeing results at the gym. The two combined can work wonders but remember none of this happens overnight...unfortunately!

I sometimes have low fat desserts. I get the light n lovely ice cream from the home ice cream chappy who comes around in a van. Also Nestle have a number of diet desserts in the dairy section at the supermarket. Weight Watchers also have some good options in the freezer and in the dairy section so check them out. This is not something I have every night though and you really do need to stick to the serving suggestion especially when buying products that come as more than one serving (a tub of ice cream falls into this category).

All the best on your weight loss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby ~Ash~ » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:20 pm

i absolutely love dessert and had always eaten a giant bowl of icecream every single night (damn habits set by my sweet-toothed, amazing metabolism possessing dad)..
these days though, i try to limit myself to only 1 dessert a week, and only on a day when i havn't eaten any naughty snacks..
as a student i'm pretty poor, but i like coles brand lite icecream and lite cottees caramel topping.. or, if my budget permits, blue ribbon lite english toffee toffee icecream is my favourite! :D
Go team MAGENTA!!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
~Ash~

Return to Introductions