It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:16 am

Free Newsletter

HOW did I get so unfit!!!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

HOW did I get so unfit!!!

Postby Xaniet » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:15 pm

Hi All,

Like many of us I used to be very fit but with work / kids / wife e,t,c the last five years have seen me put on a staggering amount of weight. I've recently had a few health problems, nothing serious, but enough to give me a jolt into action. When the doctor put me on the scales back in october 10 I was 124kgs (I'm 179cm: bmi = Deadly). I will turn 32 on march 23.

My father is a very big man who never manages to lose any weight. He is currently 60 and has HUGE health problems, It will be a miracle if sees another 5 years. I dont want that for myself.

I'm down to 106.7kgs now and am really happy with the success I've had and feel fantastic, I really can't wait to get rid of the remaining 26.7kgs! I've been doing weight watchers and it's amazing. I've stopped doing it, only because it has really taught me how to start eating properly and I sort of instinctively know what to eat now, I still track everything I eat and spend the savings on some fitness equipment.

My weight loss so far has been slow, which is great, I hit my goal weight (102kgs) before xmas so gave myself a month of and I've piled 4kgs back on!

I am going to setup a journal on this site to help me start tracking body changes and most importantly, to get some advice on fitness programs! I avoided strenous excercise because I was so big I was worried about getting hurt but now want to start building up to some really solid weight / cardio workouts.

I have had a good read of this forum and am so glad I found it. Please feel free to give me any advice you feel relevant and of course, the all important motivation!!

Once I get the journal setup I'll post a link here.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Mon May 09, 2011 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Advertising link removed.
Xaniet

Re: HOW did I get so unfit!!!

Postby Xaniet » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:18 am

Xaniet wrote:Once I get the journal setup I'll post a link here.

Well I'm a man of my word!

http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=25981
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Mon May 09, 2011 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xaniet

Postby CronicBadger » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:55 am

Hi Xaniet

Welcome to the forum. Losing quite a bit of weight and feeling the difference is definitely a nice experience, as you've discovered. Keep at it and don't give up. :-)
CronicBadger

Postby Xaniet » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:21 pm

Thanks Cronic. Giving up is definately not going to happen, I sort of feel like all the hard work is already over with, plenty ahead but at least now I can get through the week without craving KFC chips.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Mon May 09, 2011 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xaniet

Postby caseyjames » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:57 pm

We give into our cravings too easily. Last week i saw this lovely cake in the window and i knew i should be anywhere near it but i still went in and bought it. What can i say, i have poor will power. I am sure that it is the case with many of us here. The moment we start controlling ourselves half our problems will be solved. But god knows when that will happen.
Last edited by CronicBadger on Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed spam sig.
caseyjames

Return to Introductions