It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:23 am

Free Newsletter

Lost 24kg, now on to phase 2

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Lost 24kg, now on to phase 2

Postby Justaslither » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:12 pm

Hello all, I'm a newbie as I have just discovered this site. I have lost 24kg following a protein drink + vegetable diet for 12 weeks :P So I have met my personal goal for my stage 1 (ie to stay committed for 12 weeks to kick start a potential 55kg loss goal (to reach a healthy BMI :roll: ). I have been internally debating joining (rejoining :oops: ) a well known international weight loss program to launch myself onto this next phase, but really begrudge having to fork out my money to build their empire! I decided to research via google to see what resources were available, and here I am. I have a basic understanding of nutrition (theoretical knowledge) my mouth and will have other plans sometimes, and I figured with a bit of basic information and a plan I could do it myself, as I did my phase 1. I am ferociously independent in most aspects of my life, but have ended up (well 12 week ago) 55kg above a healthy BMI because I am an emotional eater, name the emotion and I will celebrate it/mourn it with food ! I know I am not alone in this. I am learning that food does not heal my wounds or comfort me, I am changing its perspective in my life a seeing food as fuel and as my servant, I am going to set some 'rules' for myself regarding the "what,why, when and where" of eating to pave my next 31kg path to a healthy BMI. It feels good to write this and make a firm stance. When I set these rules I'll share them and let you know how it goes.
Justaslither

Re: Lost 24kg, now on to phase 2

Postby SkinnyBride2B » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:54 pm

Justaslither,
Firstly a massive congrats to you! WOW 24kg in 12 weeks is nothing short of MASSIVE. Well bloody done.

Now - how exactly did you lose 24kg in 12 weeks? I note that you said by following a protein drink and vege diet but does that mean you lived on protein drinks and raw veges for 3 months? Please share your secret. And how about exercise, was that play a role in your loss to date?

Again - congratulations ---- :D
SkinnyBride2B

Re: Lost 24kg, now on to phase 2

Postby Justaslither » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:27 pm

Thanks so much "SkinnyBride2B" for the praise! I am just starting to accept the fact that I am doing a fantastic job. I find self praise difficult.
My Phase 1 plan was to drink the Optifast (recommended by a medical friend) shakes (Vanilla & Chocolate) + 1 bar replacement ( Optifast ones were completely unpalatable), I couldn't even eat 1/2 of it so found that the "Biggest Loser" Breakfast bars and the "Atkins" bars (all from supermarket) close to the OF nutritional content. In the first week I had 3 shakes , no bars but this was very tricky when I was out and about, so the bars were a convenient mobile food. I also included 2 "meals" through the day,either a soup I made with tinned tomatoes, onion, grated zucchini, fresh basil, chilli and vegi stock, or a plate of steamed vegies, or a bowl of salad vegies dressed with balsamic vinegar and lime juice. Lots of water about 2-3 litres plus tea with skim milk and skim flat white coffee occasionally. I had Christmas & Boxing day eating whatever I desired and then back onto the plan. My original plan was to give it 2 weeks and see if I could manage ( I work full time + + family commitments++), after I coped with this I thought another 6 weeks (brought me to Christmas), and then a further 4 weeks, till now.
As for the "secret" there isn't one, other than my brain understanding that I don't get my comfort from food, and a very supportive, loving husband and children (adult).
Exercise. . . I absolutely loath exercise, the ONLY exercise I do is once a week a do an Aqua fitness class for 45mins with my daughter and walk for 20 minutes about 3 times a week in the early morning. The day I look forward to, or enjoy exercise will be an absolute miracle, people tell me I will, and most of the magazines I read of people who have had signifiant weight losses say that they love it. I can't even contemplate the thought :?
Justaslither

Return to Introductions