It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:45 am

Free Newsletter

Introducing myself

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Introducing myself

Postby Kat1974 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:39 am

Hi my name's Kat and I'm 36 years old. Since September last year a group of my work friends and I have been having our own weight loss club at work. We all weight in once a week and if you lose weight you pay 50c and if you gain weight you pay $1. It's just a way for us all to be accountable for our weight loss journey.

So since this time I have lost just over 13kg and I am now in my healthy weight range weighing now 61.3kg. I haven't been this light since I was in my early 20's. I'm feeling really good about myself but my problem is I tend to get lazy and slowly the weight creeps back on.

I read a book called "the great Austalian Diet" which basically tells you to cut back on your processed foods and stick to mainly fresh fruit and veg and fish (which I don't eat so I eat small portions of chicken or other meats trimmed of fat). I never stuck to the diet religiously but I have cut back on most of my processed foods and soft drinks (including diet soft drinks).

Now I am concentrating on my exercise, coz I'm finding since christmas I have started eating a lot more and not being so strict on what goes in my mouth. This is why I have decided to join this forum. I am going to track my weight loss (which I would still like to lose a couple more kgs) and my exercise. I'm hoping this will keep me motivate and keep the weight off.

I have set myself a target to run(slowly jog) a half marathon(21km) by the end of the year. I have never been a runner before but I have just joined a running group which starts next weekend. I'm not good at sport as I'm very uncoordinated and I hate joining gyms as I never go. So I thought running can be done anywhere at anytime, so why not try it!!!! If anyone has any advise on running let me know. :D
Kat1974

Re: Introducing myself

Postby Justaslither » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:36 am

Congratulations Kate1974 on your initiative at work, it's amazing what group support and accountability can do, but as you say it ultimately depends on the individual to do the work!
I really think you are very wise, you have seen there is a need to tackle a problem and rather than ignoring it and it growing into a BIG concern you have set an achievable set of goals.
It's great to see your exercise goals, hope you are able to get out there and give it a great go.
Justaslither

Return to Introductions