It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:28 pm

Free Newsletter

Hello! Just a little intro

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello! Just a little intro

Postby SmittenKitten » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:38 am

Hey All,

I'm 24 and currently weigh 83.8kilos. Over the last two years I got my weight down from 98.4 to 76.8 (when I have pneumonia), it mostly hovers around 80kg, however over the last 4 months it has crept back up again, mainly due to my laziness and no longer being sick.

I have started working hard again, jogging & walking in the evenings and I will be seeing my doctor as to whether or not I am suitable for Duromine.

I have severe Hypothyroidism, scoliosis, I’ve had both my hips pinned and had a brain haemorrhage when I was 13. Only 3 of the 4 affect my weight loss!

I am recently married with 3 beautiful cats and live in Brisbane. My partner is supportive however loves good food and lots of it.

I have joined these forums for motivation and support. I struggle to see the change in myself until I can't fit into my skinny jeans!
SmittenKitten

Re: Hello! Just a little intro

Postby Eddie » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:26 am

Welcome, Smittenkitten (love the handle). I'm sure you realise that illness isn't the best way to lose weight so I hope you find some helpful advice on the Forum and on the site generally.

Eddie
Eddie

Postby äirly » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:27 pm

I agree - great name you have there! :D

I read your post in someone elses thread, and think you definitely have your head screwed on in regards to your weightloss. I think you're similar to me, in that you know what you have to do to lose the weight... but its just a matter of patience and perseverence! :wink:

I'm sorry to hear about your health issues, im sure when you hit your idea weight (do you havea particular goal weight in mind, btw?) that overcoming the extra obstacles will make it all the sweeter.
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Postby SmittenKitten » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:15 pm

Hiya, thanks for your support.

I like to think I am a pretty healthy person and know what to do, but it is hard to stick with it! My problem is I over eat, my portion sizes were way off and I was consuming about 2600cals a day! Now I eat between 1200-1400 which according to Calorieking.com is ideal.

My current goal weight is 75kg, I weigh 82.3kg as of today. My next goal is 65kg then finally 58kg. As I am only 5ft 58kg is only just over the healthy weight range for me. It has taken me just under 18months to lose about 17kilos and so i am expecting it to take me about 2 years to get to 58kg. When I hit my first plateau it took me 6months to lose a single kilo - this is when I gained back 6 of the 23kg I originally lost.

Feel free to ask me anything about my experiences or medical things, good luck with your journey!
SmittenKitten

Return to Introductions