It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:48 am

Free Newsletter

Ground Zero - Starting point

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Ground Zero - Starting point

Postby PAButterfly » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:20 am

HI Everyone, I'm new to this site and like the rest of the team need help in lossing weight. I have lost my majo.
I have been over weight now for 17 years. I have tried many weight loss programs and even had a lap band which had to be extracted a week after it was put in as I ended up with a life threatening disease, which just about took my life 2 years (not caused by the lap band). Where do I start? I am currently 116kg and 180cm tall. Being tall does have its advantages but not when I'm carrying so much weight. :(
So today is the first step I take back the control over my weight. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Looking forward to hearing from any of the team.

Re: Ground Zero - Starting point

Postby Metalcharm » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:31 am

Congratulations on your decision to start it all.

It's all a matter of putting out more than what you put in. We all know the basics of what is good and bad for us and we just have to put it into practice. You know that having an apple for a snack is going to be lots better than a few tim tams and you know that going for a walk is a lot better than sitting watching tv and eating crap. You just have to put it into practice and look at the finish line and to also think of it as doing your body a favour and not putting it through hell. :D

Return to Introductions