It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:02 am

Free Newsletter

Im here, Im new and Im determined! :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Im here, Im new and Im determined! :)

Postby iwant.ican.iwill » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:44 pm

Well Im Nikki and I came across this website a few years back now and had a quick browse, but not until this point in my life do I feel like this forum could be beneficial to myself on my weightloss journey.

I've battled with my weight since my teenage years and now finally at 23 years of age I've had enough of letting my weight win every single time. I've tried many diet programs from Jenny Craig to Tony Ferguson and while they both did what they said they would (I lost a lot of weight) slowly but surely it all crept back up on me and now at 107kgs I think its time that I start looking at weightloss in a more healthier, more balanced and more realistic way.

I'm hoping that you fellow forumers can offer me advice, give me tips or simply point me in the right direction when it comes to losing weight by eating healthy. I dont want to rely on shakes or frozen meals to get me to my goal. I want to learn now the knowledge and skills I will need for the rest of my life in order to lose and maintain my weight.

I am currently attending my local gym 5 days a week and working out for 30 minutes each time simply while I build up my fitness level... which atm is pretty low. I have never been a fan of 'gyms' or 'exercising' for that matter lol but since going 5 days a week I have noticed improvements already and while they may not be major its enough to encourage and motivate me everyday! :D

I look forward to getting to know people on here and saying my last (oh do I mean it) goodbyes to my unwanted extra weight!

Nikki :D
iwant.ican.iwill

Re: Im here, Im new and Im determined! :)

Postby michael1 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:09 am

welcome and good luck on your weight loss journey :D
michael1

Postby Metalcharm » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:24 am

Good luck, Nikki!

Read as much as you can about the good foods to eat. Mostly stick to whole natural foods and stay away from the processed stuff as much as possible. A lot of it is common sense and you KNOW what is healthy to eat and you KNOW what is not. Arm yourself with as much knowledge as you can and use it. There's a small monthly magazine that I get at the supermarket called "Healthy Food" and I really enjoy it.

Your attitude sounds perfect and I know you'll DO great!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby iwant.ican.iwill » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:44 pm

michael1 wrote:welcome and good luck on your weight loss journey :D

Thanks Michael :D

Metalcharm wrote:Good luck, Nikki!

Read as much as you can about the good foods to eat. Mostly stick to whole natural foods and stay away from the processed stuff as much as possible. A lot of it is common sense and you KNOW what is healthy to eat and you KNOW what is not. Arm yourself with as much knowledge as you can and use it. There's a small monthly magazine that I get at the supermarket called "Healthy Food" and I really enjoy it.

Your attitude sounds perfect and I know you'll DO great!

Hey Metalcharm

Thanks for your advice I really appreciate it. :) I guess I do know what foods are bad and what foods are good, I just want to find out more so I know whats going to benefit me when it comes to weightloss. I will have to keep an eye out for that magazine next time I'm at the shops and grab a copy.

Finally I feel like my attitude is whats going to get me through.. every other time I've always doubted myself and this time not once! Its an awesome feeling!
iwant.ican.iwill

Return to Introductions