It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:32 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi there :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi there :)

Postby thejazzmann » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:34 pm

Hi all,

My name's Sam and I'm 20 years old. I currently live a couple of hours outside of Melbourne in the city of Ballarat.

I've struggled with my weight my whole life, since moving back to Ballarat from Darwin when I was 4. While I was up there I was a fairly active kid, spending 90% of my time in the pool. Things changed pretty dramatically after I came back and my parents split up. Being in two houses, where one parent was far too strict concerning food and the other was far too lenient, is what I attribute to my weight gain as a kid.

In 2006, when I was 15 I had the opportunity to spend 8 weeks overseas with 5 other teens my age and a camera crew at a weight loss camp. This was turned in to a TV show called Teen Fit Camp and aired in 2007. I managed to lose 21 kilos whilst there, however gained half of it back before being given a second opportunity in 2007 to return overseas to a boarding school, run by the same group who ran the camp, for 6 months. This was a much better experience, and I lost 51 kilos in my time there (going from 161 kilos to 110).

Unfortunately, once again, I gained it all back (and more) over the last 4 years. I came back in to a pretty stressful time for myself... year 12. I blamed this for my weight gain for a while, but realised that it was simply the fact that I wasn't eating healthily and I wasn't exercising and eventually peaked at 185 kilos.

More recently I've come to the conclusion that it's as simple as not eating as much and burning off more than what I eat. Ever since I've started to make changes, especially getting out and doing more, I've noticed I'm only eating when I'm hungry and really craving exercise (though I still need to force myself some days :P).

I hope to learn a lot from these forums and hopefully speak to people who have been successful in their endeavor to lose weight. :)
thejazzmann

Re: Hi there :)

Postby KaydeeJayde » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:45 am

Hey, welcome! I don't live too far away from you, I'm from Werribee, and my boyfriend is from Greendale, and I went to school in Bacchus Marsh!

Anyways, it sounds like you're already on the right track with getting healthy! That's really all there is to it, burning off more than you eat. It sounds simpler than it really is though, and it's not easy :) I'm doing Weight Watchers and it's working well for me, and that's really all there is to it, eat healthy and exercise.

Anyways, good luck!
KaydeeJayde

Postby thejazzmann » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:00 pm

Not far at all!

I tried Weight Watchers, among other things, and it wasn't for me. That's not to say it doesn't work for others and I hope it works well for you, KaydeeJayde.

Thanks for the welcome :)
thejazzmann

Postby Metalcharm » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:22 pm

Well, you know that you can do it since you've done it before so I think it's just a matter of changing your lifestyle for life and to find what fits you.

More recently I've come to the conclusion that it's as simple as not eating as much and burning off more than what I eat. Ever since I've started to make changes, especially getting out and doing more, I've noticed I'm only eating when I'm hungry and really craving exercise (though I still need to force myself some days ).

mate, that's a simple as it gets. You know what you have to do and it looks like you've got he attitude to do it! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby KaydeeJayde » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:08 pm

Yeah, your attitude is great! I have a lot of trouble with my attitude sometimes, but I'm getting lots better. WW seems to be working for me at the moment, I just hope it stays that way. :)
KaydeeJayde

Postby thejazzmann » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:10 pm

Metalcharm wrote:Well, you know that you can do it since you've done it before so I think it's just a matter of changing your lifestyle for life and to find what fits you.

I'm finally at the stage where I want to, and can, make that change :)

KaydeeJayde wrote:Yeah, your attitude is great! I have a lot of trouble with my attitude sometimes, but I'm getting lots better. WW seems to be working for me at the moment, I just hope it stays that way. :)

My attitude isn't so much the problem... I want to do it, and make the changes, but finding the motivation to do so is really hard. It's so easy just to be lazy and eat a lot. I hope WW stays that way for you too! I know a number of people who it has worked for, so more power to you :)
thejazzmann

Postby ada123 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:59 pm

Great saying this is.. If I have to give answer your that post.. then I will to say the same thing,.., Nice this is to read here..
ada123

Return to Introductions