It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:50 pm

Free Newsletter

Sparrow's Journey...

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Sparrow's Journey...

Postby SparrowBaby » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:47 am

:) Hi there everyone,

I just thought I'd tell everyone a bit about myself and my journey so far!

I'm 21, and live near Sydney. I've always had a bit of a weight problem, through high school I was always a little chubby but it was never a major issue - I was happy & a very healthy teenage according to doctors. When I turned 16 I entered a domestic violence relationship which lasted until I was nearly 18 - very young to experience something like that!! After I left that relationship, I was a lot skinnier, a size 12 from memory.

Then, I met a wonderful man who is now my fiance but my comfortability with him and my own personal weaknesses has seen me rise to a size 18-20 and to 91 kilos!!

Last year I joined a gym and managed to loose about 10 kilos, which I put back on recently when my fiance and I went overseas and ate like royalty!! Lucky for my man he has the best metabolism and can eat like that every day and still remain thin!

So I think that sums up to where I am now!!

I struggle to convince myself to get to that gym, and I am still eating like royalty!! I can't break this habit!!

Wow, what a very personal intro!! I hope to get to know all of you on my journey, and through yours!!

:P
SparrowBaby

Re: Sparrow's Journey...

Postby CronicBadger » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:35 pm

Hi Sparrow

All of our individual stories are different, but the things which make most people put on weight seem to be fairly similar - bad eating habits, ignorance of nutrition and health, self-sabotage, laziness, emotional avoidance, convenience of fast foods, taste preferences... the list goes on.

There are plenty of resources and things to do here on the Weight-Loss website and forum that you will find useful. Losing weight and getting healthy is a simple task once you know what to do. Seeing the whole process through to the end result is harder and involves learning skills and habits other than knowing what and how much to eat.
CronicBadger

Return to Introductions