It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:53 am

Free Newsletter

Hi everyone!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi everyone!

Postby kyzalie » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:06 pm

Hi all,

I'm a 23 year old girl who's been battling the bulge from as young as 8. I'm 165cm and currently weigh 107kg. I'm not really sure what to expect here. I so desperately want to lose weight, but my body is of the type that struggles and fights with you to hold on to every last damn kilo. Every time I've ever dieted, it's been unsustainable, resulting in more being put back on (don't we all know it). So here I am, embarking on that battle again. I really hope it works this time.

Cheers!

Kyzalie

:mrgreen:
kyzalie

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby CronicBadger » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:19 pm

Welcome to the Weightloss Forum, Kyzalie.

Every person is different and needs a slightly different physical and mental approach to losing excess weight. Up to now you just haven't found the right combination that works for you.

I suggest you examine your past weight-loss practice runs and and find what they had in common that made them unsustainable. Personally, I'm of the opinion that the old saw "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again" is rubbish. My personal motto is "if at first you don't succeed, don't try again - try something different!" :)

If you can figure out what exactly the problem was - such as boredom with bland food, expecting instant results, or whatever - then you can devise strategies to defeat it.

The simple fact is that losing weight is simple - create an energy deficit to force your body to
burn up" fat stores. The simplest way to do do this is to eat less than you need. Of course the devil is in the detail and there are lots of other issues that then spring up such as poor nutrition, combating muscle wastage, weight-loss plateaux, boredom, portion-size creep, and so on.

There are plenty of useful articles on the website attached to this forum. Read them. Educate yourself. use the forum for reinforcement, encouragement (we have all been or are going through through the weigh-loss battle) and help.

you're still quite young and have the opportunity to turn yourself into a fit and healthy person for the rest of your life. Don't waste such a wonderful opportunity. You can do it.
CronicBadger

Return to Introductions